Tech spec of fasteners..

wordsmith

Could someone kindly identify the tech spec of the bolts highlighted in the pic below?   They are the four hex-heads behind the windscreen that secure the screen mounting-plate onto the raising/ lowering mechanism behind.   I'm hopeless at identifying what sort of threads are on any given screws or bolts, as a result of which I have scores of the wrong ones bought on guesswork!   Thanks in anticipation!

P1050220_LI.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Hi mate, they are domed Allen head bolts. Hex heads are the reverse if you will. For example they use a spanner or a socket. I believe from memory they are 6mm x 1.0 x 15mm long. The 6mm refers to the bolts thread diameter and the 1.0mm refers to the spacing between threads. For length you measure from the end of the thread to under the bolt head. Or in the case of countersunk bolts/screws up to the countersunk head.

Thanks Nate: I always thought that hex head and Allen head were one and the same thing!   Off to Bunnings tomorrow! 

How's it going down there in sunny Goulburn?   My #3 grandson is courting (to use an olde-fashioned term) a gal in the Academy there, graduating in May, I bleeve.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Won’t get decent bolts from Bunnings mate. Best to find a decent nut and bolt place locally. That way you get to just throw the on the counter and let them match them up for you! 😜 

Out of Goulburn now thankfully. It has been good, really busy though!

Archived