"Extra Comfort" Rider seat

Dave76

• Premium Member

I have the Yamaha Comfort seat on my GT.  Got it soon after purchase of bike because I had good experience w Yammie comfort seat on my R1.  Relatively inexpensive for front and rear too, think $350?  Happy w it.  Never had sore butt yet w it.  Don't think its noticably higher than stock.

This is profile view, fyi:

20190327_182417.jpg

Cheers for that, I might pick up the rider seat. Not bothered about passenger comfort as the wife won't get on the back lol. I was hoping it did raise the seat height a little though, ive got pretty long legs.

8 hours ago, Tracerracer said:

its higher, for sure. i ride it myself in high position and i like it.

here you go, dont know anymore where this picture is from

hope the picture speaks for it self. stock seat with comfort seat overlay

stockvscomfort.jpg

Thats awesome thanks for that. Haven't even got my bike yet so i'll give the stock seat a chance but it's good to know the comfort seat certainly seems to work. Thanks again.

Dave

11 hours ago, mike said:

It looks like it slopes toward the tank even more than the stock seat.

i dont think so, the comfort seat is more flat than the stock, so there is more room to sit more forward or backward. if i had to guess the comfort seat is upto 2cm higher than stock and its little bit wider between the legs

• Premium Member

Those are my pictures above, although Tracerracer must have done the overlay, I didn't.  I put the camera on a tripod and shot them back to back.

The comfort seat is a little higher than stock, it leans forward towards the tank less than the stock seat, and it has more cushion and is more comfortable than the stock seat.

I am not 100% happy with it......... why does it still lean forward?

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Archived