Hi from UK

falcophil

Hi All, been looking on here for a few weeks with a view to finding out more and possibly buying the tracer, so thought i should say hello!

I took a test ride on Friday and loved it, Now need to decide when to push the button. before of after a 5 day Euro mini tour in May.

Did have a few observations on the test ride, the screen does seem to deflect the wind right at eye hieght so taller screen required. girlfriend didnt like the pillion grab handles- wrong place/ angle, be ok with panniers or topbox as she uses these at present.
after the Blackbird the bike felt really light and manoverable, i,m 5,9 with shortish legs and had no problem getting a firm footing. 

Current bikes are Blackbird, Falco and CRF250l

Anyway hi all, Phil

• Premium Member
did you alter the screen position on your ride?

I'm a similar height. In the low position I get air at my chest, in the high position the air goes over my head. Both are fairly noisy but not uncomfortable compared to a previous bike, the R1150GS. I have not tried the mid-position and maybe this position would direct air into my face.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hi Wessie, i checked what position it was in (high) but just left it there, i just found I closed my visor all the way down whereas I often have it partly open. Ironically my girl said it was better for her than the Blackbird as she had a big windbreaker- Me! because you sit upright it blocks the windblast to the pillion.

Guest eatpasta
Current bikes are Blackbird, Falco and CRF250l

Anyway hi all, Phil

welcome to the site!  Adding the FJ to your garage, you are going to have a really nice diverse collection.   Glad to see more and more UK members here.   Those of us in California are interested to see how the bike does in the rain... 

• Premium Member
you'll be pleased to hear the bike does not dissolve in rain as I was caught in a storm yesterday - Dunlops grip okay as reported in another thread.

Hope you manage to get through summer this year without the lights and aircon going out...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest eatpasta
Hope you manage to get through summer this year without the lights and aircon going out...
lol8_zpsga4gz4fr.gif 
thats very nice of you, however I dont have any aircon.  Well our car does but I never get to drive that.
   I did gear up incorrectly on Monday and rode into 90 degree heat in my over-pants and cold weather upper layers.  I was not happy.

• Premium Member
lol8_zpsga4gz4fr.gif 
thats very nice of you, however I dont have any aircon.  Well our car does but I never get to drive that.
   I did gear up incorrectly on Monday and rode into 90 degree heat in my over-pants and cold weather upper layers.  I was not happy.

yes, that must be really annoying, just like riding around a corner to find the road blocked because it's on fire :) 
a good friend lives in San Diego and leaves your state in June each year to ride the R1200GS he stores in Frankfurt around various parts of Europe. He comes back in September

Guest eatpasta
lol8_zpsga4gz4fr.gif 

a good friend lives in San Diego and leaves your state in June each year to ride the R1200GS he stores in Frankfurt around various parts of Europe. He comes back in September

that sounds amazing..... someday!

• Premium Member
He's retired but has goodish health so spends the autumn, winter & spring surfing & riding in CA and the summer riding in Europe. He spent a lot of time in Europe whilst in the Army in the post WW2 period. He has some interesting tales from the times Berlin was a divided city. He has stayed at my place when in the UK and I have an open invitation to visit CA. It's not at the top of the bucket list at the moment though.

girlfriend didnt like the pillion grab handles- wrong place/ angle, be ok with panniers or topbox as she uses these at present. 

Hi Phil, welcome.  My pillion said the same, she doesn't get on with the grab rails, we are hoping the Givi will help her, at least for getting on and off. 

Guest eatpasta
He has stayed at my place when in the UK and I have an open invitation to visit CA. It's not at the top of the bucket list at the moment though.
There's only two things you need to know about to bump that to #1 on your list. 
1) the greatest motorcycle road on earth

highway_1.jpg

2)  The Abbey

see ya in a few days

wave_zpscdpjkcoj.gif

Archived