TomTom Rider 410 GPS mount

I saw a guy called Frenk on a Facebook group make a GPS bracket mount so I copied him and made my own.
I'm posting some pictures as an inspiration for you guys.

Before making this mount I had the GPS mounted in the middle of the handlebar. Not an ideal position as I had to look down and take my eyes away from the road, to see the screen.

As for metal I bought a L shaped bracket in a local hardware store. Bent it a little and shaped it with a grinder to make it a bit smaller and fit the GPS mount better. Drilled new holes and painted it black. It's not so nice looking, fortunately for me it's mostly hidden. 1f642.png🙂

Frenk installed his on top of the screen adjuster but mine couldn't fit there, because of my taller touring screen. When mounted there I would not be able to take off the GPS.

I thought about making some more bends to the bracket, but instead I chose to install it below/on the handle that adjusts the position of the screen. The way it is installed, the weight of the GPS helps put pressure on the locking mechanism, helping it to stay shut.

I surely had my reservations about this, but I think it will work. It's a be if the plastic will hold or not, but I think it will. Feel free to ask questions or comment. 1f642.png

YeudZd2.jpg

Z6S9zaz.jpg

q2o0Rx5.jpg

JBTJb03.jpg

JHno0Up.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Excellent move, andersh - and I have several pieces of that metal strip you used lying around!

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

22 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

Nice job @andersh, how is the 'reach' to the Sat Nav in that position?

Cheers

Steve

Hey Steve

It's easy to reach - easier than to reach the screen adjuster (And I can adjust the screen while riding) 🙂