Painting my GT pannier lids... first steps (more to follow)

24 minutes ago, Bimbim18 said:

Brilliant what you did with the pinstripes and the Matte vs Gloss Black. I am currently gathering supplies to skin my panniers (to cover my huge scrape from a 2 mph parking lot drop)

My idea is black reflective on top and bottom (where your Matte is) and Carbon Fiber in the center (where your Gloss Black is) and I ordered the Fairing blue decal to accent the Carbon Fiber. My idea was to do my lines pretty much straight through but I love the way your Matte is wrapping and connecting the top and bottom! I was considering twin pinstripes splitting the top and bottom but I think it may be too much with the decals.

Excellent job, I love it!

Thank you indeed - my head is still swollen!   I too thought of a carbon-look insert where I've gloss painted, and if the bike was the Gen1 Tracer that I had, with its carbon-look accents, I'd certainly have done that - it should look swish!   The blurple tank 'swoosh' should stand out better on the carbon than on plain black: on my tank it almost disappears in some lights.   

I have considered the double pin-stripe along the upper part of the painted section (currently it's the narrower stripe) - I might lay a length along the existing line to see how it looks.   If I proceeded it would be easy enough to remove the original and replace with the double - I've plenty of it.  Good luck with your job - it can be fiddly , but equally rewarding, and adds that 'custom-look' to the bike.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

15 minutes ago, Suu Kyi said:

Original and with reflectors, looks good...........

Original.jpg

With reflectors.jpg

15 minutes ago, Suu Kyi said:

Original and with reflectors, looks good...........

Original.jpg

With reflectors.jpg

Neat!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.