Number plate light plug

If you’re looking to buy another plug, Yamaha won’t give you a part number. They only sell complete harnesses.  If you need the plug on the component side, it comes with the assy (for example the turn signal has a connector installed). 

Best chance is to search it on eBay or the like, google, or K&L supply in the US. 

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Search for type 194 bulb socket... like this.... unless it's for the line end connector (opposite side), then it would be something like this (I think). You'd have to do some cutting and such... very doable.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Cheers guys, I got an after market tail tidy do am trying to avoid butchering the existing wire. The aftermarket number plate light came with bullet connectors so am trying to find the plug instead of butchering the wire on the oem one. @piotrek It's basically the other side of the 2nd link in your post ( the connectors of the number plate and indicators are inverted on the harness to stop you connecting the wrong wire by accident)

• Thumbsup 1

Hi,

It’s made by Nippon Tanshi, and sells by NT040-3 (male or female versions) at cycleterminal.com where I purchase them in the U.S.A., there are vendors out of Japan also, perhaps Europe, but I have not looked. Re-terminating (the cleanest option) requires crimping some rather small pins/sockets onto the wires.  Easier and possibly cheaper, but not as clean, is to look for a Yamaha turn signal splitter on eBay etc. and cut, solder/crimp, and cover the needed ends in place of the bullets, the turn adapters may be 3 wire instead of two, but the connector is the same.

Edited by Gundarku
  • Thanks 4

• Supporting Member

Another great example of why I love this forum!   

In far too many other groups, this would have devolved into mindless bickering over why you need a light (or even a license plate) at all, and wrapped up with some ridiculous statement that ‘real riders would just run from the cops if they tried to stop me’  :)  

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
On 10/5/2019 at 7:44 AM, bugie said:

Cheers guys, I got an after market tail tidy do am trying to avoid butchering the existing wire. The aftermarket number plate light came with bullet connectors so am trying to find the plug instead of butchering the wire on the oem one. @piotrek It's basically the other side of the 2nd link in your post ( the connectors of the number plate and indicators are inverted on the harness to stop you connecting the wrong wire by accident)

@bugie - This is where I have sourced my genuine connectors from in the past.  Also for the same reason that you are looking.  I like to be able to reverse everything to put it all back to standard if I so desire.

It's a Japanese source at reasonable cost.

I think these are the ones you are looking for?

Edited by dazzler24
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1