Shifter and Rear Brake Adjustments

MartyP

Hi All,

I can't find this on the manual but I just got new foot pegs installed ( Puig Trail ) and I need to adjust my clutch and rear brake shift positions. I think I can figure out the clutch but the rear brake is a bit odd to me. Any help would be great. I need to raise the shifter and lower the rear brake. Thanks

They are both about the same as each other and if you look at it and think on it you'll probably see how. The shifter has a lock nut on either end of the long tube. The threads on each end are opposite to each other. Loosen each of those and you'll find that when you turn that long tube one way or the other it will raise and lower your shifter peg. The bolts on either end of the long tube are threaded in opposite ways so that when you turn it it spreads the distance or shortens it between the pivots.

The brake is similar but slightly different. Look at where the shaft from the brake piston goes through the metal piece which is attached to pedal with a pin. There are two nuts on it, one on either side of the metal piece. Loosen the top one while holding the shaft still with wrench (10mm I think). Then spin the shaft one way to raise pedal and spin the other to lower. Make sure to remember to tighten locking nuts to all when done.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1