New FJ Owner saying Hi

2 hours ago, BBB said:

People do live in other locations than the US @Bill H. And Yamaha have called my bike “Tracer” since 2015. Why do you doubt me?

Are you trying to make a specific point or just trolling?

yeah thats what I do,,troll so i can engage in a ridiculous argument. My bike is called a Tracer ,,as far i I can tell your bike appears to be an FJ-09,,chill out dude

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, Bill H said:

yeah thats what I do,,troll so i can engage in a ridiculous argument. My bike is called a Tracer ,,as far i I can tell your bike appears to be an FJ-09,,chill out dude

What @BBB and I mentioned earlier was that in different parts of the world, the '15 model WAS called a Tracer, it was only called an FJ09 in the U.S. as far as I am aware.  Yamaha didn't start calling it a Tracer worldwide until 2019, in the U.S. they didn't even release a 2018 version, either FJ09 or Tracer, they skipped to the 2019 Tracer.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, Bill H said:

“Chill out dude”, really? You’ve practically called me a liar, about my own bike, whilst ignoring people who try to give you the facts. And then still insist I’ve got it wrong.

@betoney has patiently explained the naming system variations for you, so I really hope it’s clear now. 

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

2 hours ago, Bill H said:

So yeah, as others have said:

The FJ-09 and the Tracer are the same bike, just different naming.  Much like how an FZ09 is an MT09 and an FZ07 is an MT07.  For whatever reason, up to 2018 Yamaha had different branding in North America FZ, FJ instead of MT and Tracer, despite them being identical machines.

Fun fact: The Tracer is an MTT09; MT09 Tracer.  This was hilariously complex when I was first registering my bike here in Canada, as there was some dispute over what it was officially called: FJ09, MTT09, Tracer 900 GT, etc, as you can find different naming all over the place on Yamaha's own documentation.

• Thumbsup 2

6 hours ago, BBB said:

“Chill out dude”, really? You’ve practically called me a liar, about my own bike, whilst ignoring people who try to give you the facts. And then still insist I’ve got it wrong.

@betoney has patiently explained the naming system variations for you, so I really hope it’s clear now. 

well it dont take much to get your panties in a bunch,,,not sure how you can accuse me of calling you a liar other than a vivid imagination. I guess I could call you a  liar for saying my tracer has  a manufacture plate . Do you see how ridiculous this is .Next time you decide to share your knowledge [or lack of} you should get the facts straight ,,  like hey maybe they dont put that plate on bikes after a certain year or origin . And i never insisted you are wrong,,your little bike has a plate ,,GREAT !!! im saying mine doesnt ,,would it make everything better for you if i didnt call my bike a tracer ,,go change your underwear .and spare me your response,,lifes too short to deal with the likes of you

Edited by Bill H

1 hour ago, Bill H said:

your little bike has a plate ,,GREAT !!! im saying mine doesnt

Mine is a 17 plate Tracer It tells me that on the big yellow registration plate that has to be fitted to the back of the bike. Maybe I should change that to a personalized registration plate to avoid arguments.

• Thumbsup 2

4 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Mine is a 17 plate Tracer It tells me that on the big yellow registration plate that has to be fitted to the back of the bike. Maybe I should change that to a personalized registration plate to avoid arguments.

HAHA,,, BIG OL SMILE

58 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Mine is a 17 plate Tracer It tells me that on the big yellow registration plate that has to be fitted to the back of the bike.

At last some sense.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)