• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

A few questions about brakes

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, betoney said:

While on the topic of brakes.  What is the verdict of 'high performance' rotors and calipers?  Any truth to the magical stopping abilities with Galfer rotors or Brembo calipers or is it marketing hype?

@betoneyI have Galfer replacement rotors on a couple of my bikes and the biggest thing I noticed was how much lighter the rotors are compared to stock. Less unsprung weight is always a good thing.🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• 11 months later...

Bump on this thread as I did a cleaning on my calipers only to discover some of the derbiss on the pistons was actually smth like corrosion. I did my best to clean as much as I could but there were some small patches left...Applied some red rubber grease and left it like that for a future check. Good thing is that the corrosion marks were high on the pistons some hopefully no damage to the sealing o rings.

My question is, as price for new pistons+orings isn't cheap, what calipers are compatible to our bikes? I read R1M calipers are a nice upgrade, I also imagine that any brembo caliper with 108mm mounting bolt distance fitted in japanese bike ( ie GSXRs) would also fit but with spacers. R1M ones need spacers if I don't fit bigger brake disks?