Insurance Cost

Guest eatpasta
I just called my insurance guy and he told me his system doesnt even have the FZ-09 in it. A couple of his other customers have them so he has had to custom add them for their policy. Lord knows what's going to happen when I try to add the FJ if I ever get it.....

• Premium Member
$599 AAA 250/500 deductible per year. Not too bad for Los Angeles City (Northridge is technically in Los Angeles).
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
yeah i just talked to my guy and he quoted me more than $700 per year!
I pay less than $400 for four bikes now and the FJR has comp/collision on it! WTH! Why on earth would the FJ09 cost twice as much to insure other than its a newer bike? The FJR has WAY more power and covered in tupperware

So I got quotes this morning. I'd been with foremost for several years but have been without a bike for 6-8 months. Called foremost first, amazingly they told me that foremost was not writing any new policies on performance bikes (an fj 09 good grief!) in GA due to high claims.

So called geico and progressive both about $1k a year each.

Dairyland was $550 a year (which is about what I was expecting). This is for $1k deductible, 50k/100k/300k full coverage

I've had no tickets or wrecks, 54yo. Riding for 17+ years.

Chris

Guest eatpasta
Called foremost first, amazingly they told me that foremost was not writing any new policies on performance bikes (an fj 09 good grief!) in GA due to high claims.
Mike_tysons_laughing-12385.gif 
Its incredible what Insurance people believe is a performance bike.  As we all know an actual performance bike has easily twice the horsepower....

and I have Foremost as well for all my bikes and they were very reasonable until I was rear ended a few years ago and my policy doubled.  I used to insure all FIVE of my bikes for less than $200 a year (all liability but still)

Did an online quote with Progressive (who I have ins. with) and the FJ comes in $10/year less than my '14 FJR, assuming that by entering in a real VIN of an FJ gave them the necessary info to rate it correctly.
I just was looking at Progressive but could not find the FJ listed.  Of course I don't have a vin # yet. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Just got a quote from Progressive $460.00
Policy coverages
Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability $100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury No coverage
Medical Benefits No coverage
Medical Payments No coverage
Transport Trailer No coverage
Vehicle coverages for 2015 YAMAHA OTHER
Physical Damage Options Actual Cash Value
Comprehensive $1,000 deductible
Collision $1,000 deductible
Disappearing Deductibles Selected
Roadside Assistance No coverage
Carried Contents® No coverage
Accessory Coverage $3,000 (Included)

$625/yr from Allstate and they started at twice that. If I wasn't getting good rates on the other stuff of mine they cover I would have probably told them to stuff it.
Allstate quoted me over $1100 for the FJ. That was $200 more than a quote on the FZ. WTF. I told them to take a hike. Went with Geico on line at $438. Checked Progressive and they were also $438. Combined with 05FJR at $838.   Just a side note, I have had Allstate since I was 16 (52yrs), and on the moto for 18 yrs.+2 cars+2 houses+comercial bldg.  But $660 more is ridiculous. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

$625/yr from Allstate and they started at twice that. If I wasn't getting good rates on the other stuff of mine they cover I would have probably told them to stuff it.
Allstate quoted me over $1100 for the FJ. That was $200 more than a quote on the FZ. WTF. I told them to take a hike. Went with Geico on line at $438. Checked Progressive and they were also $438. Combined with 05FJR at $838.   Just a side note, I have had Allstate since I was 16 (52yrs), and on the moto for 18 yrs.+2 cars+2 houses+comercial bldg.  But $660 more is ridiculous.
They wonder why we get pissed, you can be a claim free, pay in advance customer for years, and then they treat you like this.  Progressive tried it in December on our home insurance, I told my wife our premiums went up; so she called them (I don't the patience w/ 800#'s) and they said "sorry" and lowered $200 more than the previous year.  Crazy stupid!  Did I mention I love my wife, she won't put up with their chit!

Guest eatpasta
They wonder why we get pissed, you can be a claim free, pay in advance customer for years, and then they treat you like this.  Progressive tried it in December on our home insurance, I told my wife our premiums went up; so she called them (I don't the patience w/ 800#'s) and they said "sorry" and lowered $200 more than the previous year.  Crazy stupid!  Did I mention I love my wife, she won't put up with their chit!
 Yeah - thats the REALLY crazy thing is that you get the right person on the phone and they just automatically lower it?  Why?!  

Ugh.... insurance companies are the biggest scam of them all

• 1 month later...
I should have run a search first I guess.

In a thread I started just now, I stated I was quoted 183 a month total vs my current 43 a month total for TWO other bikes (wr250r and a te630). I was told it was the collision and the cc's screwing me over. I might add that is more than I pay for two cars as well, one of which is a turbo sport wagon. This is all through progressive. I am 30 years old and have my wife 26 listed as a secondary on the wr250r. Is allstate or anyone else any better?

I should have run a search first I guess. 
In a thread I started just now, I stated I was quoted 183 a month total vs my current 43 a month total for TWO other bikes (wr250r and a te630). I was told it was the collision and the cc's screwing me over. I might add that is more than I pay for two cars as well, one of which is a turbo sport wagon. This is all through progressive. I am 30 years old and have my wife 26 listed as a secondary on the wr250r. Is allstate or anyone else any better?
Try the online quotes from Geico and Progressive and any other that you can find online.  The online approach allows you to taylor the quote just the way you want it.  You can adjust coverages to raise or lower the costs.  You can see the changes.  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived