sw motech bars ,39l yamaha case

• Premium Member

Those bars look nice. Probably can put highway pegs on them also. clap_zpsdyza0r53.gif 
  • Like 1
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Bars look good. Is the front of those bars there to poke a hole in the radiator?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Bars look good. Is the front of those bars there to poke a hole in the radiator?
From looking at it doesn't look like bar ends will touch ground and poke the radiator bar ends should go down in a  crash but to be safe i'm thinking cutting off inch or two. 

what i think if there was a 3rd bar that would attach and connect the crash bars together across from each other then mount Fog lights between the forks.. ?? just a thought.. i was about to place an order but a good point.. can poke the rad but force required to do that looking at tubes , i am sure would be more damage and a rad not to expensive compared to front end ??

what i think if there was a 3rd bar that would attach and connect the crash bars together across from each other then mount Fog lights between the forks.. ?? just a thought.. i was about to place an order but a good point.. can poke the rad but force required to do that looking at tubes , i am sure would be more damage and a rad not to expensive compared to front end ??
I was thinking a bar across would also make them stronger, as what ever fall over force would be vectored to both sides.  Might not be enough room with the wheel going up and down. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 1 month later...
I'm planning on picking up a pair of the sw motech bars, and will likely even sooner now thanks to your pictures.  Appreciate all of the angles as this is very helpful.  A question to anyone really though is this looks like great protection for the front (clutch cover, water pump, transmission cover), but what about farther back?  Can anyone make any suggestions about what additional protection they might use with these bars if at all required?  Maybe nothing more is needed but i'm thinking in terms of a low slide.  I will likely be getting panniers which if on would take the brunt of any of that damage, but don't plan to leave them on all the time.