New member from Texas

Howdy!

Its been a month since I picked up my '19 Tracer GT down in Houston from a Yamaha dealer, and its been a rowdy blast so far! 

I had been lusting after a MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso ever since a test ride a year ago, and when the used GT's started to come onto the market at a substantial savings I thought hmmmm maybe a Tracer would be a good fit, and it sure is!

I commute, tinker, and explore with the same bike year round, so right now the girly has the windscreen off due to 100F and humid as heck, and Im getting to know the bike and bringing the maintenance up to par from the PO. 

Ill get some pics snapped soon, Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome!

Yup, I experimented with cutting a piece of aluminum (a broken clipboard) into a little fly screen but it looks kinda janky, needs some refining.

I knew from the first time on the bike the stock screen had to go, and I havent missed it! 

Edited by Senormisterioso

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, Senormisterioso said:

Howdy!

Its been a month since I picked up my '19 Tracer GT down in Houston from a Yamaha dealer, and its been a rowdy blast so far!

Welcome to the forum, glad that you are loving the bike. 

My only suggestion is to get a radiator guard and ride the wheels off of it. ENJOY!👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Welcome from a fellow Texan @Senormisterioso!   I assume from your ‘down in Houston’ comment that you’re somewhere on the north side...    I’m out southwest in Fort Bend County. 

Congrats on the new GT!  I’m sure you’re going to love it.  Short screens are definitely the way to go in our climate:  I have a CalSci shorty on my FJ, and really like the way it works.   

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@betoneyThanks for the tip, Evotech looks like $70 for a nice aluminum hex guard, I had a "grounder" baseball sized chunk of road get kicked up in front of me last week and it bounced up and pwinged off my thigh. Yow! The bare radiator would have been toast! 🙏

@texscottyd @rustyshackles I'm way up here off lake Texoma, thanks for the CalSci recommendation, I'll check those out!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!  If you are looking for twisties, we have one about 90 miles from Lubbock.  There is another curve, but it's a tank and a half away.  LOL!

• Haha 2