Did my Tracer 900 come with a SAE connector?

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, DavidS said:

That's weird, usually the bikes on the showroom floor haven't been prepped for riding, which is why it takes so long for them to get the bike ready after you buy it. Back in the day, I was the guy who prepped the bikes for test drives at a dealership in Alabama. We never put fluids in the new bikes on the floor until the bike was purchased, or we had a test ride with a pretty committed buyer. (I also put the bikes together when they arrived at the dealership)

I was thinking the same thing.  I have never seen a showroom bike with keys or gas in the tank and while the battery might be installed, it more than likely isn't connected.  Maybe some dealers have a lot of prepped demo bikes available?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, DavidS said:

That's weird, usually the bikes on the showroom floor haven't been prepped for riding, which is why it takes so long for them to get the bike ready after you buy it. Back in the day, I was the guy who prepped the bikes for test drives at a dealership in Alabama. We never put fluids in the new bikes on the floor until the bike was purchased, or we had a test ride with a pretty committed buyer. (I also put the bikes together when they arrived at the dealership)

Some more context: when I bought the Tracer, I knew exactly what I wanted, so I didn't need to visit dealers or anything, I just negotiated the price via email with a bunch of them. The bike I end up buying was still in a crate when I closed with them. So I guess what happened is they told the prepper to just prep the bike, and they probably did a default prep, which to them includes the SAE adapter. That's my best guess.