Low Throttle Vibrations

2020 tracer with ~6k (9.6 kilometers) on the clock,

Long story short, I'm getting some odd growing vibrations in the 40-60 mph range (65-100 kph), when cruising at low/no load.
It's not the standard 4.5-6k engine vibes that the triple is kinda known for, but rather I believe drive train related.

Best I can describe, it feels like a harmonic rumble/clunk in my pegs at about every second but doesn't seem speed dependent, honestly hard to pinpoint. Not felt in the handlebars.
It's most noticeable in 6th, but can be replicated down to 4th to a lesser extent.
There is no appreciable noise associated.
Disengaging the clutch stops it immediately.

Things I have ruled out:
New tires, just replaced, has present before and after.
Chain slack, have gone from 2" of free play on the center stand to 1", no change.
New sprockets front (dampened) and rear, no change.
Chain is ok, no tight spots or kinks, but I'm suspect anyhow.

I'm semi inclined to bring it to the dealer, but I feel this is one of those scenarios where you have to be familiar with the bike to notice.
If it get worse enough, that's the route I will take.

My plan is to either replace the chain, or pop the clutch cover off and investigate. Kind of cheap options, but still cheaper than getting the bike to the dealer.

So I come to the hive mind for suggestions.

What say ye?

• Supporting Member

Your chain tension is to tight. Yamaha calls for 1.38-1.77 inches, did this start after you tightened the chain to 1"in of slack.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

1 minute ago, roadrash83 said:

Your chain tension is to tight. Yamaha calls for 1.38-1.77 inches, did this start after you tightened the chain to 1"in of slack.

I normally operate around 1.5", I only went to the extreme's just to see if anything would change.

• Supporting Member

You need to loosen up your chain or you will cause problems with your rear wheel and output shaft bearings (loose is always better than to tight). Have you checked chain alignment?

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Tech at the dealership took it for a spin, quick 5 mile evaluation, sounds like the clutch has issues. Go figure, first brand new bike I buy, issues before 6k.

They can get me in late September... sigh.

I'll probably pull the cover and plates to see if there's anything obvious.