DB Killer Question

Good day,

I'm looking for some info on,

"Does a 6" DB killer restrict enough air to act as a Cat?  If the ECU has certain variances of adjusting fuel/air depending on altitude, temp etc.

Would it not restrict enough airflow to not need a Flash or PC V?

I'm plan to run a OEM chopped header with M4 Slip on, stock filter.

My reasoning is I once had a GPR Homologated Slip-on  with front and rear DB killer. They stated it did not need a different fuel map if both were used

If someone has some info on this I would greatly appreciate.

I am no superstar mechanic and limited knowledge on this stuff.

Don't beat me up if this has already been discussed but perhaps lead to me the stream!!!

Cheers

Edited by Petepuck

37 minutes ago, Petepuck said:

Good day,

"Does a 6" DB killer restrict enough air to act as a Cat?  If the ECU has certain variances of adjusting fuel/air depending on altitude, temp etc.

My reasoning is I once had a GPR Homologated Slip-on  with front and rear DB killer. They stated it did not need a different fuel map if both were used

Don't beat me up if this has already been discussed but perhaps lead to me the stream!!!

Cheers

Why bother with a slip on if your going to restrict the exhaust flow with a DB killer

59 minutes ago, Petepuck said:

Good day,

Cheers

I bought a scorpion serket taper. You cut cat off (leaving headers) and replace with link pipe and can. They say no remapping needed even without dB killer, although I use one in mine, throaty but not annoying noisy.  You retain the sensor in headers so I think ? that adjusts fuelling. Not sure about M4 exhaust though.

1 hour ago, Tripletrouble said:

I bought a scorpion serket taper. You cut cat off (leaving headers) and replace with link pipe and can. They say no remapping needed even without dB killer, although I use one in mine, throaty but not annoying noisy.  You retain the sensor in headers so I think ? that adjusts fuelling. Not sure about M4 exhaust though.

I just might end up going that route. The wait time threw me off. Will be snow on the ground by the time it gets here. Was it you that posted a video on YT.?  Your baby cow statement stuck in my head. 

10 hours ago, Petepuck said:

I just might end up going that route. The wait time threw me off. Will be snow on the ground by the time it gets here. Was it you that posted a video on YT.?  Your baby cow statement stuck in my head. 

Not mine, I saw a video after I fitted mine, the ‘baby cow’ comment made me laugh as it sums it up pretty well !  Quite a few on this forum have fitted the scorpion, I’m very pleased with mine, you have 3 options of can finish, carbon, brushed and shiny. You keep the headers saving money on an unnecessary full system, which is nice....