Hello, new member and owner

Etrinks

Hello, thanks for the add. Riding motorcycles for 30+ years and my first ever new bike is a 2020 Tracer 900GT. Put 50 miles on it from the dealer, in the rain, and I love it. It does need some upgrades, definitely suspension. Looking forward to make it my own and put on a lot of miles! 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

Welcome and congrats on the new bike.  Bought my 2020 3 1/2 weeks ago and today ticked over 2,300 miles :-)  It has yet to be out in the rain but it will be.  Did the sidecases leak?  Had my 600 mile service done 3 days after I bought it!  LOL my ride home from the dealer was 1,400 miles so wanted to get the 1st service done by the dealer before I headed home.  Love my bike!  So far have added a MRA windscreen, a Givi XS507 tank bag, a Garmin Zumo XT and a GoPro canner mount.  Also have a cupholder mount on the bars.  Have next set of tires but not mounted yet.  Michelin Pilot Power 5 front and Michelin Road 5 rear with 3,800 miles on it.  Last night I raised the forks 7mm.  Im just now starting to play with the bike as the first miles were in South Dakota and then 1,400 miles home fully loaded.  It is a great bike and very stable even on the interstate when passing big trucks.  MRA windscreen helps.  Thinking of going to a MadStad windscreen for the long trips (usually do a couple a year) as its really nice to have the nasty stuff going mostly over your head.  

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/27/2020 at 1:00 AM, PhotoAl said:

Welcome and congrats on the new bike.  Bought my 2020 3 1/2 weeks ago and today ticked over 2,300 miles 🙂  It has yet to be out in the rain but it will be.  Did the sidecases leak?  Had my 600 mile service done 3 days after I bought it!  LOL my ride home from the dealer was 1,400 miles so wanted to get the 1st service done by the dealer before I headed home.  Love my bike!  So far have added a MRA windscreen, a Givi XS507 tank bag, a Garmin Zumo XT and a GoPro canner mount.  Also have a cupholder mount on the bars.  Have next set of tires but not mounted yet.  Michelin Pilot Power 5 front and Michelin Road 5 rear with 3,800 miles on it.  Last night I raised the forks 7mm.  Im just now starting to play with the bike as the first miles were in South Dakota and then 1,400 miles home fully loaded.  It is a great bike and very stable even on the interstate when passing big trucks.  MRA windscreen helps.  Thinking of going to a MadStad windscreen for the long trips (usually do a couple a year) as its really nice to have the nasty stuff going mostly over your head.  

Thanks! Congrats on your's also.  I have 750 miles on mine so far. Doing the 600 mile service tonight. Was in mid trip when I hit 600. My saddlebags didn't leak a drop. Only mods I've done so far is front re-spring(waiting on GP fork cartridge)  and Penske rear shock , Woodcraft clutch and stator guards. I don't mind the stock windscreen. Looking into a Garmin. It is a great bike. The more I ride it the more I like it. I am coming off a 1997 Suzuki GSF1200S though.