Happiness is a new pair of shoes

Bliss. MIchelin Road Pilot 5's.

Just back from putting 50 gentle miles on them to get them 'scrubbed in'.
First impressions, much more feel than the Dunlop Sportsmax, smoother and lighter turn in, more grip under hard front braking.
Lovely.

20201007_132839.jpg

20201007_132929.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

3.5k on those horrible Dunlop Sportsmax things and they were fit for the bin. I was glad to get rid of them.
If I can get 3.5k on the rear before it starts squaring off I'll be deleriously happy.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Stew said:

Bliss. MIchelin Road Pilot 5's.

Just back from putting 50 gentle miles on them to get them 'scrubbed in'.
First impressions, much more feel than the Dunlop Sportsmax, smoother and lighter turn in, more grip under hard front braking.
Lovely.

20201007_132839.jpg

20201007_132929.jpg

You'll love them Stew.

Confidence inspiring would be how I'd describe them after coming off the stocks.  That lovely soft compound on the sides is quite sticky!

I run mine at 33F,  37R PSI FWIW.

Enjoy! 🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dazzler24 said:

You'll love them Stew.

Confidence inspiring would be how I'd describe them after coming off the stocks.  That lovely soft compound on the sides is quite sticky!

I run mine at 33F,  37R PSI FWIW.

Enjoy! 🙂

Aye, I had a tiny bit of front end chatter at around 3 figure speeds (kph obviously officer) , and checked the pressures when I got home. They were at 38/48 :)
So now at 34/38, to see how much even betterer they will feel. There is clear feedback, and that's all I care about, as I ride from the feeling in my backside and toes, and I can feel the bike under me with these, whereas the dunlop's were just awful.

Speaking to my tyre guy, he said some people rave about the Dunlop Sportsmax, and others hate them, so they are clearly suited to certain types of rider more than others.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I had a flat rear and had it replaced with a Pilot 5.  The front is a Conti-something or another, and had less than 500 kms on it at the time, so left it on.

Love the Michelin!  I've ridden in some very cold (5 deg C) and rainy conditions and had no problems at all.  They're a great tire (sorry...tyre!).  For what I do, I expect to be sticking with them for a while.  Even gravel / hard packed dirt hasn't really been a problem any more so than any other tire, really.  I mean...I can't see riding on wet grass or anything, that would end in tears and pain I'm sure.

Edited by knyte
bad punctuation (as usual)
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount