Back road bimble (South West Scotland)

Stew

Woke up and had to choose between watching the motogp qualifying and going out for a ride on the bike.
After checking the weather forecast, meant to be wet all next week, so I thought, hmmm, might be an idea to go out and play on the bike for a wee while.

I had great intentions of going for a good long ride, but just felt so chilled out and relaxed that I decided to go for the lovely single track road just a couple of miles from home.

Had such a cool time, it was around 45-50f, with perfectly dry roads, and the new tyres and suspension made this wee road a delight to ride, whereas the last time I went along it was a wee bit nervy and bouncy and vague feeling.

Stopped for some photos of the bike, and the changing leave colours (colors) , and a lady came over and offered to take my photo on the bike. I said nah, it's ok, the bike is all that matters, but for some bizarre reason she insisted. (what is it about this bike that attracts the ladies?)

All good fun, hope you like the pictures...

20201017_135710.jpg

20201017_140455.jpg

20201017_142121.jpg

20201017_142536.jpg

20201017_142550.jpg

20201017_142704.jpg

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 1

Very nice - you do not need an adventure bike to take in dirt roads.  Seems like when I moved from dirt bikes to a CB900 in the 80's I kept riding on the good hard pack dirt roads getting to rallies I did on the dirt bike.  That was in Australia where many of the rural roads were still dirt. 

Now to ride these roads I would be told I need an adventure bike. 

Pretty damn nice Stew - thanks for posting.

Qualifying for the GP was interesting, all the 2020 Ducatis in Q1, with the 19's straight to Q2.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vincep said:

Very nice - you do not need an adventure bike to take in dirt roads.  Seems like when I moved from dirt bikes to a CB900 in the 80's I kept riding on the good hard pack dirt roads getting to rallies I did on the dirt bike.  That was in Australia where many of the rural roads were still dirt. 

Now to ride these roads I would be told I need an adventure bike. 

Pretty damn nice Stew - thanks for posting.

Qualifying for the GP was interesting, all the 2020 Ducatis in Q1, with the 19's straight to Q2.

You should see the mess that is my motogp fantasy league team :)  What a bizarre year for racing, eh. 

Now this morning I have the dilemma of watch the race or go burn more petrol ;)

7 minutes ago, Stew said:

DO BOTH!! go out on the bike and record the race to watch when you come back, best of both worlds. Lovely pictures by the way 

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Stew said:

Go ride.  The race is easy to catch on replay, but an FJ is best experienced as a live event. 

• Thumbsup 1

Wise words lads.

It has just started raining here, and the weather forecast for the next 48 hours is flooding. Phew.
Glad I got out to abuse some fossil fuels while it was nice (Sowwy Greta, not really sowwy)

• Thumbsup 1