Graves Motorsports Exhaust

vern

Broke down and ordered the Graves Motorsports full exhaust system along with the block off plates. Love the look of the carbon and the sound is amazing...

System is back ordered and will not be delivered for probably 4 weeks but will post pics / video when I finally get it installed. More accessory delays but it shows how popular this bike is along with the FZ-09 ????

• 2 months later...
I just received a notice that the exhaust is shipping (thought Yamaha was bad for delivery but this exhaust has been on order for over 2.5 months). I have been told that the stand will not have to be removed but we will see shortly (depending on Canada Customs as always which could extend the timelines significantly). Will still be getting the ECU flash this winter after the riding season.

According to Canada Post the exhaust is out for delivery now. Very patiently waiting to make sure it is true before I start ripping the current system off. Going to install the Power Commander, Auto Tune and air filter at the same time.

Install done. I trimmed a bit of the center stand stopper because I thought it may contact the exhaust when the strap was tightened down but don't really think that I had to. Will put stand back on tomorrow without trimming to make sure it does fit as is. Also thought the back of the brake pedal was going to touch but it appears to have a small amount of clearance right now. Will wait until it stops raining to go for a ride and see if it anything shifts...
Sounds amazing but can't get a good video with my phone. Will wait until the batteries are charged for my GoPro and try again.
img]

Just went and quickly put the stand back on and it does contact the exhaust and will have to be trimmed. I also checked and I did trim an excessive amount off the stopper but there is still enough there for the bumper to contact on. I will try to trim it tomorrow after work and how it turns out.
In the pictures below the metal corner of the stand is just touching the can.
img]

img]

Thats a little disappointing it wont fit right off the bat, but it looks like if you were to get a bigger rubber stopper it might push it out far enough. or even shave off that part of the bracket because the other side will stop it. Either way its a small issue.

Why does it look like it has 2 O2 sensors?
One is the factory o2 sensor, the other port is if you're using an autotune system.

Nice, Just don't let the center stand spring back unassisted. Make sure you guide it to the stop. that way the weaker area doesn't have issues over time. I used to do this with my FZ1 and Leo V Exhaust....
  I would be more worried about them rubbing together from vibration.

Archived