Bagster seats: Ready vs Ready Luxe - anyone have direct comparison experience?

So I'm looking at seats, and Bagster has been well recommended.   Does anyone have experience comparing the Ready vs. Ready Luxe line of seats?  Is the increased cost of the Ready Luxe worth it?   They seem pretty similar, but the Ready Luxe has "Bultex" foam.  That's just words to me, though.  

Well, got impatient and just ordered the Luxe version.  It was about $100 more, but I figured if I was going to be spending that much (350/450CAD) I may as well go all in.

And really, even at $450, I figured it was a pretty good deal; seats cost, and having a wrecked old seat redone cheaply was still ultimately $150-$200ish, so a decent custom job on this would probably weigh in around $300, with no guarantee as to how good it'd be vs Bagster who basically are *the* aftermarket seat manufacturer worldwide.  

Here's hoping it ends up as good as people say they are!

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, Wintersdark said:

Well, got impatient and just ordered the Luxe version.  It was about $100 more, but I figured if I was going to be spending that much (350/450CAD) I may as well go all in.

And really, even at $450, I figured it was a pretty good deal; seats cost, and having a wrecked old seat redone cheaply was still ultimately $150-$200ish, so a decent custom job on this would probably weigh in around $300, with no guarantee as to how good it'd be vs Bagster who basically are *the* aftermarket seat manufacturer worldwide.  

Here's hoping it ends up as good as people say they are!

Wintersdark, Are you still happy with the Bagster.  im debating upgrading my seat after a very long Stock seat ride.

Received mine about two months ago, couldn’t be happier especially on long rides.. I suffered with the stock seat.. I ride two up quite a bit and even The passenger is significantly happier with the large pile on that’s incredibly comfortable

I am shocked people like the Bagster seats...you all must be light fellars, lol.  I took mine off after 10 mins in the saddle as the seat foam is way way too soft for me and it felt like I was sitting on the seat pan!!  :(

• Thumbsup 1

2 minutes ago, CRFan250 said:

I am shocked people like the Bagster seats...you all must be light fellars, lol.  I took mine off after 10 mins in the saddle as the seat foam is way way too soft for me and it felt like I was sitting on the seat pan!!  :(

😂😂 I’m 165 lbs out of the gate with no meat on my rump! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Garybinnyc said:

😂😂 I’m 165 lbs out of the gate with no meat on my rump! 

Well there you go!  Man if that seat had some firmer foam it would be a keeper though!  I broke down and ordered a Sargent....

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, Samaha said:

Wintersdark, Are you still happy with the Bagster.  im debating upgrading my seat after a very long Stock seat ride.

I ended up cancelling my order, as my wife backed into my bike shortly after placing it.  Ended up using that money to replace a broken kickstand and body panels. 

TBH, from what I've heard, it's probably for the best.  I'm a very big guy (300 lbs, before gear) so it doesn't sound like it'd have been a good buy for me.

11 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

Well there you go!  Man if that seat had some firmer foam it would be a keeper though!  I broke down and ordered a Sargent....

I went from a Sargent to a Bagster. Sargent was definitely better than stock, but the foam to the rear of the seat was just too thin for me. Hopefully it works perfectly for you! 

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

7 hours ago, duhs10 said:

I went from a Sargent to a Bagster. Sargent was definitely better than stock, but the foam to the rear of the seat was just too thin for me. Hopefully it works perfectly for you! 

I have had many Sargent seats and I am familiar.....they mostly have been very comfy for me and I pray this one is too, lol

• 10 months later...