Woohoo 🙌

• Supporting Member

Great News!!!  That is a beautiful ride, especially if you ride it the entire length across the state over all of the passes. I rode the North Cascades Pass to Omak last fall and am going to ride the Eastern Half this year. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I once road my 97 gixxer from Kirkland to Winthrop and back only stopping for gas and having a red bull in Winthrop. There is ABSOLUTELY no way I could do that now. 

This summer I’ll do it in a couple/few days. 

Today I road 150 miles. Up highway 9 to the Skagit river and then over to Rockport and then 530 along the Sauk and Stilliguamish back to Arlington and then some nice twisties home. 

Pic: Whitehorse Mountain. 

86779B5A-2A4A-496E-B914-718BB55C0747.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

I once road my 97 gixxer from Kirkland to Winthrop and back only stopping for gas and having a red bull in Winthrop. There is ABSOLUTELY no way I could do that now. 

This summer I’ll do it in a couple/few days. 

Today I road 150 miles. Up highway 9 to the Skagit river and then over to Rockport and then 530 along the Sauk and Stilliguamish back to Arlington and then some nice twisties home. 

Pic: Whitehorse Mountain. 

86779B5A-2A4A-496E-B914-718BB55C0747.jpeg

As I sit at my work desk working, this surely whets the appetite for a ride! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

You have me thinking now; we are hoping to spend some time in BC's Okanagan valley this season, and I'll trailer the bike out there to ride in the mornings.  Dropping down from Osoyoos on #97 to this road would be pretty quick and easy.  Could take a couple of days, ride #20 to the coast, up to Abbotsford, and back on #3, which I love as well.  40 years ago I rode down 97, eventually going over the Blewett Pass before riding the superslab west to Bellevue.  LOVED the Blewett as well.  Some really nice roads in WA. Might be a good excuse to drop in on my cousins in the Seattle area while I'm at it.  All of that assumes that at some point we are allowed to cross the border again, of course!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

@Waldo Jeffers - It looks like you had great weather, what a beautiful ride that is. You definitely owe it to yourself to ride it as a 2-day loop this summer or fall and include Coulee Dam and Banks Lake on the way home. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***