Bag graphics

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, Nat Finsness said:

The saddlebags are boring! Does anyone know of graphics made for the Tracer GT bags?

i did find a guy Morello in Italy, but there must be another option...

I haven't heard of any graphics kits but have seen some very nice paint jobs and some creative vinyl applications.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I think the Morello, Italy graphics are just gaudy as hell... way overkill.

I have these for the rear of the bag, mostly a safety item, truth be told. Still look pretty cool:

leftBag.thumb.jpg.ae7ac99a1f4ec4c40aea27a2e6ba82a6.jpg 

leftBagLit.thumb.jpg.736747766d4094f5606269a0e327c36e.jpg

Night_shot.thumb.JPG.dfdd0292d2a15bbb0ad4d39158283167.JPG

They also make an option without the "FJR1300" -  just the Tuning fork logo:

607_zoom_1445462614_1200x1200.jpg?v=1615

These Reflective Rear Bag Decals fit all FJR's through the...

• Thumbsup 1

As an ex-Tracer (x 3) and GT (x 1) owner I have grappled with this.   I rather like the black and tomato red of the Tracer pictured by the OP above in post #1 here.   My approach would be to do a two-tone paint job with the panniers, leaving as-is - seen from from side-on - the outside edges of the lid in what I take to be the OE gloss black, and painting the central dished/ curve-edged/ semi-elliptical portion in tomato red, if you can get a good match. 

I used this style on one of my bikes, having a dark blue central part matching the front fairings, and added a gold metallic 'GT' logo to the panniers too, which nicely chimed with the gold fork.   The finishing touch was a simple gold metallic very narrow pinstripe tape around the edge of the painted central part of each lid (which also neatened the paint line).   I will try to find a pic and if successful will post it here. 

If you wish to bling it up a bit, E Bay has numerous 'YAMAHA' decals and stickers, including some 3-D effect items that could be added, but don't overdo it: IMHO you don't want the panniers looking like a Christmas tree!

LATER EDIT: the pic below is of another of my Tracers.   The OE pannier lids sold on the Australian market are not painted, so in this case I only painted the central part of each lid in a dark gunmetal finish matching the OE tank paintwork, finding a near-perfect rattle-can match in the local hardware store @ about $8.    The gold pinstripe can also be seen.   If I'd been able to find a good match for the dark blue of the OE fairing panels and rear panels I'd have used that, but the search was unsuccessful, so gunmetal it was!

ln8mjj4d3d2h78lpg84xx.jpg?width=440&height=288&aspect=Crop

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, stevesweetz said:

I also just painted the recessed area of the panniers to match the tank.  On yours, doing that the in the red/copper of the side fairings probably makes the most sense.

DBFTIJhUQAAGIJb?format=jpg&name=large

This looks awesome! I have a 2015 in metallic red, so I would probably be better off having a professional do mine. I think it really enhances the look of the bike. 

• 6 months later...

Did any one know by any chance if the side fairings; the ones that have the yamaha badge are backwards compatible?  i like the little difference shape the did from the old one.  Any help; Thanks

Edited by Landor787