Ergonomics?

Hi Folks,

I'm 6'3" with a 32" inseam.  I have a fair amount of torso.  My 2015 FJ is stock with the seat in the high position.

I find myself leaning forward into the bars which after 30 minutes or so, puts a lot of strain on my wrist and hands.  The bar post are in rear facing, low position but I'm thinking that if I flip them, the bars will be slightly higher but I'll need to reach even further forward.

Is my thinking on this correct?  What about keeping the post in the same position and installing risers which will move the bars up and back an inch or so?

I suppose I could lower the seat but I'm enjoying the leg room. 

Any other suggestions?

• Supporting Member

Sit as close to the tank as you can.  You'd be amazed what a big difference a small change can make.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, LarryBud said:

I find myself leaning forward into the bars which after 30 minutes or so, puts a lot of strain on my wrist and hands.  The bar post are in rear facing, low position but I'm thinking that if I flip them, the bars will be slightly higher but I'll need to reach even further forward.

Is my thinking on this correct?  What about keeping the post in the same position and installing risers which will move the bars up and back an inch or so?

Flipping the bar risers around does not make them higher, it just makes the bars slightly further away.

I have these on my 2015 FJ09 and they work great, 1" up and 1" back.

heli_bars_risers_yamaha_fj0920152017.jpg

Move your bars up and closer to you with a machined aluminum bar clamp...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***