1200km review Tracer 900 2019

How do I love this bike? Let me count the ways....firstly that triple engine-responsive,characterful,burbly, fabulous. Yes it is a little vibey at certain revs but all in all a job well done Yamaha! Ths stock exhaust is music to my ears-no Akropovic for me! The tranny which was a little notchy and difficult to slot into neutral when brand new now is like a hot knife thru butter after some breakin kms and  fresh synthetic 10w40 moto oil.  I've tightened the chain but have forgone throttle synch for now. SHAD eO4 tank bag for wallet and cellphone is great  Grip puppies have helped alot for my long fingers. The windscreen is fine for my one hour blasts around the lake roads, however the seat slope has be constantly pushing my rear end back.I may try one of the mods to raise the front a bit as it is annoying. For my needs brakes and tires have been perfectly adequate.  All in all I'm glad I pulled the trigger in March as there is very limited supply up here in the Toronto area. Yes, the turn signals are hideous and may be on list for upgrade. This trusty steed ticked alot of boxes for me and the rear pillion has garnered no complaints from the occasional passenger. Cheers fellow owners!

• Thumbsup 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 4:33 AM, Garz747 said:

How do I love this bike? Let me count the ways....firstly that triple engine-responsive,characterful,burbly, fabulous. Yes it is a little vibey at certain revs but all in all a job well done Yamaha! Ths stock exhaust is music to my ears-no Akropovic for me! The tranny which was a little notchy and difficult to slot into neutral when brand new now is like a hot knife thru butter after some breakin kms and  fresh synthetic 10w40 moto oil.  I've tightened the chain but have forgone throttle synch for now. SHAD eO4 tank bag for wallet and cellphone is great  Grip puppies have helped alot for my long fingers. The windscreen is fine for my one hour blasts around the lake roads, however the seat slope has be constantly pushing my rear end back.I may try one of the mods to raise the front a bit as it is annoying. For my needs brakes and tires have been perfectly adequate.  All in all I'm glad I pulled the trigger in March as there is very limited supply up here in the Toronto area. Yes, the turn signals are hideous and may be on list for upgrade. This trusty steed ticked alot of boxes for me and the rear pillion has garnered no complaints from the occasional passenger. Cheers fellow owners!

SAY WHAT,,,my seat slopes forward ,,HUH !!!

Ive spent many hours  fixing the OEM seat on my 2019 Tracer .

Its amazing how a company can supply such a crappy uncomfortable seat .

As I said ,many hours of cutting, shapping of a new slab of memory foam .

Then cover ,test , remove reshap, add a sliver of foam here and there untill Ive got a seat that will do 200-300kms without loosing my bum to The Numb Bum Gods .

I have the tools and the skills to do this ,,,so I did it.

Dont tell anybody but ......

I made a sand mould of my butt and used this to get the exact shape I neaded for comfort (using needle template guages ).

Other than the dodgy seat, lousy  screen ,dangerous footpegs, and hard to find side stand, Yamaha made a great bike .

My picture shows the new foam being reshaped on the underside after a test ride .

And the finished seat .It tool a few long rides to get the seat settled into my backside ,but NO foreward slopping anymore , more padding at the rear latch and Yamaha `Half Rubbers` on base to get the lower seat setting .

I still have the OEM foam, so that if I ever update my bike to a 2022/23 I have the foam to fit ,just remove replace foams.....

Tracer 900 seat modifications  (14).JPG

Tracer 900 seat modifications  (12).JPG

• Thumbsup 3