New Windscreen Options from Rifle

I had read that Givi and Rifle were both working on screens for our bikes.  I still haven't seen the Givi, but the Rifle is now on their website.

I'm planning some sort of clear touring screen, in an effort to get out of the buffetting that I get from the stock screen, either up or down.

It looks like Rifle offers a touring screen in a variety of heights.  At first guess, I think I would plan on the + 4" screen, but I see they even offer a +6" screen.

If anyone happens to try one of these screens, please post up your thoughts!

http://rifle.com/Yamaha-FJ-09-Replacement-Windshield-P2478.aspx#

• Premium Member
I had read that Givi and Rifle were both working on screens for our bikes.  I still haven't seen the Givi, but the Rifle is now on their website. 
I'm planning some sort of clear touring screen, in an effort to get out of the buffetting that I get from the stock screen, either up or down.

It looks like Rifle offers a touring screen in a variety of heights.  At first guess, I think I would plan on the + 4" screen, but I see they even offer a +6" screen.

Here is my problem with the Rifle: The Rifle replacement windshield for the Yamaha FJ-09 keeps the same look as Yamaha's designers intended.

I personally do not like the stock touring look. YMMV.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Here is my problem with the Rifle: The Rifle replacement windshield for the Yamaha FJ-09 keeps the same look as Yamaha's designers intended.

I personally do not like the stock touring look. YMMV.

My guess is that the shape is dictated by the handguards.  I don't mind the shape, (and think it looks a helluvalot better than the Yamaha OEM touring barndoor), but I don't want to buy it if it doesn't shift the buffeting zone north of my helmet.

Madstad adjustable bracket is the best air management system in the business, kinda ugly screen in their kit right now, wish you could use the stock screen with the bracket like you could on my V-Strom, worst buffeting bike out there made much more tolerable.
2015 FJ-09
2009 WR250R
1989 HawkGT

Madstad adjustable bracket is the best air management system in the business, kinda ugly screen in their kit right now, wish you could use the stock screen with the bracket like you could on my V-Strom, worst buffeting bike out there made much more tolerable.
I would like to see close-up pics of the Madstad mounted on an FJ-09. How sturdy are the 4 screws that attach the screen to the bike?
The CalSci screws (+ sleeves + grommets) for their shorty screen are far superior to the Yamaha plastic cheese screws, hoping Madstad has a sturdy attachment too. My only complaint about the CalSci shorty screen is it has the deep low cutouts for the huge bat-wing hand guards. Madstad looks wider at the base.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I don't get it. I have no buffeting at all with the stock screen.
You must be the twin of the test rider in the wind tunnel. I was beginning to think no other person matched his/her dimensions...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Seriously; I am sure Yamaha DID do wind tunnel testing. The screen is fine.
Maybe with a midget. Not fine for everybody thank you. Minimal buffeting for my 6' height, but way loud. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived