argh, you all with your new Tracer 9s are killing me

Larz

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nobody else is excited with the new Goose?!

I think it looks cool,eh. When I was a kid fooling around on my CB400F ( 6 speed tranny, man. Yeah my friend's RD350  could take me stop light to stop light, but I was way happier on the freeway) I wanted a CX500 real bad- shaft drive light weight tour bike🏍️. The Guzzi brings back those memories.

$5000 for low mileage FJ09. $10000 for low mileage Tracer 900/900GT. Over $15000 for 9GT. No, thanks. I would rather spend the extra $$$ on bike trips.

• Thumbsup 1

45 minutes ago, Rick123 said:

$5000 for low mileage FJ09. $10000 for low mileage Tracer 900/900GT. Over $15000 for 9GT. No, thanks. I would rather spend the extra $$$ on bike trips.

Yeah! The funny thing is, it appears that most of the U.S. 9s are being purchased by former Tracer/FJ owners....

Me, screw it, love my GT goo ( she so sweet) and still deeply embroiled in a BDSM relationship with my HD Dyna:

IMG_1026.jpg

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Larz said:

I think it looks cool,eh. When I was a kid fooling around on my CB400F ( 6 speed tranny, man. Yeah my friend's RD350  could take me stop light to stop light, but I was way happier on the freeway) I wanted a CX500 real bad- shaft drive light weight tour bike🏍️. The Guzzi brings back those memories.

My fastest red 76 RD400 will still likely blow the very beautiful (and I'm a function over form guy) and trick new Mondello V100 into the weeds in the quarter but not with me on it...  Likely also will my fastest red 98 VTR1000F, or maybe not.  Not sure about my fastest red 15 FJ.  Do you see a color theme here?

Nobody else is excited with the new Goose?!

I am!

Are you a guzzi fan 2and 3? I've had 4 guzzis. Still have a '98 V11 (HD&M). I got the T9GT because I thought I might like something different, and at my age I probably don't have too many new bikes left to get. At the time, Guzzi didn't make anything that I really wanted. V85TT maybe, but I wasn't wild about it. So I got the T9GT and it's great. Took it to Deal's Gap and it was like a celebrity in the parking lot. People really like their Yamaha FJ09s and Tracers! Who knew?

Other than the seat, I really can't find anything wrong with it, but it also doesn't really do anything for me. 

If the V100 Mandello had been announced a couple months sooner, I would have waited. I'll probably trade the T9 in if the V100 is as good as it looks. I've almost put it on craigslist a couple times, but I don't want to make another mistake. And the Mandello might be $20K for the top spec, which is out of my comfort level. In that case I'll just keep the T9 a bit longer. 

Cheers!

Craig

• Premium Member

I love all things Italian!

I can't wait to finally get to Italy with my oldest she speaks Italian like a native but she doesn't look like one with red hair and about 5'-10

LOL

I had an MV Agusta America 750S  For about a month before somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse and he was from Bologna Add a crooked nose and head and an Italian restaurant in downtown San Diego San Diego so I  literally had to say yes.

When I moved back here a friend of my inlaws had a black 74 Eldorado 850 Police Special, God knows from where, that I got running and sold for him.

I couldn't keep it cause I had 5 bikes already in my inlaws garage but it was fun to tool around on it, even though it was heavy and slow.

I'm hoping when I retire my kids will buy me the new Mondello And keep me and SWMBO in the style we're not accustomed to.

Then I'll likely sell the FJ but not until then

I can't ride my VTR much because of my neck which maybe in 23 I'll finally get fixed

I thought about selling it but I have so many spares to part out including 2 engines, a frame, swing arm, all the electronics and carbs for 4 more bikes et cetera and want to make at least a cool naked Superhawk.

But I gotta get my RD 400 back on the road again 1st

And then there's Winter maintenance on the FJ

So much to do and so little time

Sorry about that, I took a test ride back in July at a Demo event and even though the ride was only 15 minutes long I knew I wanted the bike.

In august I got a 2021 fresh out of the shipping crate, and rode 110 miles (one way) to a dealer that got one in.

Coming from a 09 650 V-Strom, I was trying to change the V-Strom into the 9GT over the years with seat being redone, suspension upgrades, and fixing the buffeting. Found that I was turning my "SUV" V-Strom into a sports tourer, but you can only sport out a SUV so much.

Started looking at the FJ-09 back in 2015 and started saving my money planning on buying the bike. You almost got me with the 2019 model but held out for some reason.

The in line 3 has me hooked, cant live with out a quick shifter now (good for traffic), no buffeting, sportbike baked in, I want to hate the T32 tires but I really cant, light clutch pull, you guys have really been hiding a decent all around platform from years of refinement and not letting others know.

Almost 4k miles later its stored for winter for now, till March or so when everything thaws out, and the roads are washed clean.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Nice stable, 2and3! And the MV America was a gorgeous bike. 

And I would be remiss if I didn't say that there are some things I love about the 9GT. The quick shifter for one. Never had a bike with one before, but it's fantastic. I didn't think much about it and it was actually several rides into break-in before I remembered it was there. Now I'm a QS junkie.

Cheers!

Craig

• Premium Member

Yeh, I really want a QS/Blipper to at least give my F/U left hand a rest but 3 sources / sellers said there isn't a package that will play nice with McCruise CC I installed.  At least 90% of the time I can fairly smoothly speedshift w/o the clutch but it isn't the same, I know. 😞

On 1/7/2022 at 5:08 PM, Skidood said:

Personally I don't really get how someone could trade in a Tracer (or any bike) for what is essentially almost the same bike.   ,I for one, would only go thru the hassle of a switch if I was moving over to something different enough to make it worthwhile.  In my case, the smallest change I'd make is to get an FJR.

I agree cuz there's a lot out there in motorcycledom to choose from; albeit, the  new GT9 is moving out of the budget bike region,eh. On the other hand, apples to oranges- traded my 2018 Mazda Cx-5 in on a 2021 Cx-5 Signature Turbo. Really liked the 2018, notwithstanding bit under powered and unventilated white leather seats didn't get it in Arizona Summers. But the 2021, better car in every respect, handles better, better brake feel, even quieter; not to mention the turbo gives her some balls and the seats are ventilated brown Napa leather. 

So yeah, I can see peeps upgrading to the 9 for the improvements.

( man, this thread gone to shit, eh. Italian motorcycles, Mazdas.... delighted to see peeps talking about something aside from the seat on my 9 sucks😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 11:10 PM, Larz said:

I agree cuz there's a lot out there in motorcycledom to choose from; albeit, the  new GT9 is moving out of the budget bike region,eh. On the other hand, apples to oranges- traded my 2018 Mazda Cx-5 in on a 2021 Cx-5 Signature Turbo. Really liked the 2018, notwithstanding bit under powered and unventilated white leather seats didn't get it in Arizona Summers. But the 2021, better car in every respect, handles better, better brake feel, even quieter; not to mention the turbo gives her some balls and the seats are ventilated brown Napa leather. 

So yeah, I can see peeps upgrading to the 9 for the improvements.

( man, this thread gone to shit, eh. Italian motorcycles, Mazdas.... delighted to see peeps talking about something aside from the seat on my 9 sucks😁

I was also questioning selling my 900GT for a 9 GT, and I went and looked at a silver model today.  The dealer had the bags mounted.  It looks good, the panniers are obviously bigger, have that shiny raised portion, and "YAMAHA" stamped on them...they look higher quality than what I have, but I couldn't open them to really see.  

The paint on the bike and the wheels is nice, but...I just can't pull the plug on my '20.  I don't care if the 9 GT has some suspension improvements.  I think there's a bit of a soul element missing in it, and I'm not sure how to describe it.  It seems perfected, and perhaps that's the problem.  I think bikes need to leave a bit of something on the table for the owner to consider to make them interesting.  Perhaps a weakness here or there gives us a reason to try to overcome it, to better it, or to just know about it.  I'm not sure, but this new iteration called the 9 GT is maybe a little too close to what "should be." 

If I didn't have one, I'd get a new one.  The fact that I have the old model, I'll keep it.  

Edited by Jayzonk
  • Thumbsup 4