• Supporting Member

Has anyone greased their Niken? Specifically I'm looking for more information on how to grease the front suspension - not sure if there are any Zerk grease fittings under there or elsewhere on the bike. Am trying to get all my services done in preparation for warm weather riding right around the corner. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

I did read the workshop manual - have a dodgy knock off copy and the front end service looked like half a day's work [by memory] and involved some greasing.

I'd look in there and follow that procedure - think it was either every 24 or 36 months or the equivalent mileages. Might be different for your guys across the pond [although the reasons for variation, as always, will be nebulous].

Dealers charge an extra hour over normal service to complete the front end grease up and bearing check .It's a pretty straight forward service once you remove the panels .The only bearings up front you are really going to get grease into are the 3 head stock sets .I will post pics when I do mine soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Has anyone who applied the urea grease to the front end have pictures or video?

Also which urea grease did you use? I'm not near 12k miles but my bike is three years old so a regreasing is not a bad idea.  

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

I'm not near 12k miles but my bike is three years old so a regreasing is not a bad idea.  

Jump ahead to 15 minute mark and listen to where the Yamaha tech says 12000 miles (or 5-6 years).

Niken Service

• Thumbsup 1