Brake line fittings question

Does anyone know the thread type and size on the metal brake lines that run under the tank?

There is a connection block on the front and the back where they change from metal line to trailer park rubber lines.

The hard lines have a nut that screws into them, these are the ones I'm asking about.

• Supporting Member

I used HEL lines when I did mine which used the existing hard lines.  You could always give them a call as they're in Sandgate, Qld and were very helpful at the time with questions that I had.  You might get the info you seek from them?

Their number is at the bottom of this link.  Good luck.

https://au.helperformance.com/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-abs-2015-2016-flexible-oem-replacement-braided-brake-lines

• Thanks 2

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, OZVFR said:

Does anyone know the thread type and size on the metal brake lines that run under the tank?

There is a connection block on the front and the back where they change from metal line to trailer park rubber lines.

The hard lines have a nut that screws into them, these are the ones I'm asking about.

4 hours ago, Xstoff said:

Not exactly answering your question, but when I changed the brake lines, I removed everything, including the hard metal lines.

Yes, the replacement lines are designed to not have any splice or bridge points, one piece from the ABS pump to each of the end points. Cut out the old and throw them away. Once you realize the effort involved, you won’t want to bother piecing lines together, just replace the entire thing. 

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, betoney said:

Cut out the old and throw them away. Once you realize the effort involved, you won’t want to bother piecing lines together, just replace the entire thing. 

I have to agree with betoney on this one having retained the solid links myself.  It was a real PITA.