Perch for Rotopax Container(s)

piotrek

• Supporting Member

Thanks. I am very happy with the outcome. Solid when in use, and the on-off process is a snap. These grab rail mount points will be perfect for something you're looking to do.

The leading edge of the Shad plate is in the way of anything deeper than 11-12" at current perch height/angle. Would be great to see another adaptation of the concept.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 4 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Thanks @jeff_s. I like your idea... and I'd do the same for a tail box if I had a spare pillion seat. Have any more detail on how you mounted the box? My perch could probably be 5mm lower and still allow for rear seat removal, but it is what it is. It works great. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

It was really simple - the case shape and seat pan matched up enough to give the box really only one place it would sit.  Then I just drilled and bolted as described in the other thread.  Very low-tech.

Your method will be a lot more secure also.  The seat connection can carry a lot of down-force (person sitting on it) - but I think the shear or under tension would not be all that strong?  Dunno, but your metal straps appear quite robust.

• Thumbsup 1