Tracer 900 Corbin Seat for Sale

Jfundo

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, KrustyKush said:

I like the way I can so easily slide back against the seat's "wall" during acceleration, and then slide forward while slowing and in stop and go.  The leather lets the sliding happen so easily, and I often wonder why the oem saddles grip with such painful friction.  I believe a lot of the pain from stock saddles is the high friction fabric gripping the jeans which in turn grabs and pulls on the butt hairs.  

I actually dislike sliding back and forth when I accelerate or brake hard, on my FJ I have a semi-gripper seat cover and it keeps me in place until I choose to move back or forth.  On my VFR, I bought a Corbin seat (very slippery) and I slide all over on that thing, accelerate hard and slide back then reposition myself forward, brake hard and slide forward into the tank and then reposition myself back again, repeat over and over.  I had to buy tank grip pads to grip with my knees to keep myself in a comfortable position.

Jeans might work differently though, I don't know I have never ridden in them, I have only used textile riding pants.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, betoney said:

I actually dislike sliding back and forth when I accelerate or brake hard, on my FJ I have a semi-gripper seat cover and it keeps me in place until I choose to move back or forth.  On my VFR, I bought a Corbin seat (very slippery) and I slide all over on that thing, accelerate hard and slide back then reposition myself forward, brake hard and slide forward into the tank and then reposition myself back again, repeat over and over.  I had to buy tank grip pads to grip with my knees to keep myself in a comfortable position.

Jeans might work differently though, I don't know I have never ridden in them, I have only used textile riding pants.

That's interesting regarding the sliding experiences.

I wear 'Bullit' ATGATT jeans for some riding and RST textiles on other occasions.  My jeans slide a little more on the seat than my textiles BUT the textile pants do have a couple of small, but strategically placed, non-slip patches in the derriere area as per photo which keeps me relatively planted - so to speak.

20190630_142703.thumb.jpg.256b367adcde65380c621ff3814faa5c.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

I bought a used Sergeant from a member here, I then took it apart and cut down the foam hump in the back of the riders seat to flatten it out.  Seems to be a lot better.  Now I think I want to get a pad for the longer rides.  I have no OEM padding in my butt which adds a little extra challenge. 

I don't think I've ever noticed the stickiness of the stock seat being a problem.  But I didn't ride with it too long anyway.  I liked the corbin for spirited riding, it worked well.  Just when the road straightens out it got painful.  Just seemed to force me to sit on pressure points in my butt.  Like I said, I think it is 100% just the configuration of me that is the problem. 

• Thumbsup 1