Tracer 900 Corbin Seat for Sale

Jfundo

I've had this seat for a couple years thinking eventually I would learn to love it and I haven't.  I have very long arms and legs and the problem is that I can't slide far enough back in the seat.  My 1400 mile trip I just got back from resulted in me thinking I either need a different seat or an entirely different bike.  I love my bike too much to risk getting rid of it. 

I don't have the sliding forward issue on it like the stock seat, I just want to be able to sit further back.  Just wanted to clarify that.  

I believe I paid about $600 for it, I'm willing to let it go for $400 plus shipping.  I currently don't know what shipping would cost but if there was interest I would box it up and get a price before finalizing a deal.  

seat4.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat1.jpg

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, CJ3cyl said:

...my own $618 Corbin arrived yesterday. 🙁

Out of curiosity what is the total bill these days to include shipping for a new Corbin Tracer seat?

That is a good question, their website won't tell you shipping costs until after you put your credit card info in.  I think it was in the $50 range, so it starts to approach $700.  

• Thumbsup 1

Love Corbin's, but don't think the seat is the problem. :) Depending on what windshield you have, you might try rotating the bars a bit forward? That Corbin has a longer sitting area than the OEM I would imagine, if you like the comfort of the seat I would work on your handlebar controls instead.

I've already switched the bar mounts forward and rotated the bars as far forward as I can. I would love them to go more, but the controls don't rotate and it gets wonky going further.  A different bar bend would be cool but I get so overwhelmed trying to figure out which bar to order.  Even if I could accomplish that, I still think the seat wouldn't be right for me. 

And it definitely shortens up the seating area from stock, I can move quite a bit further back with the stock seat.  

Edited by Jfundo

• Supporting Member
On 5/28/2022 at 6:11 PM, Jfundo said:

I've already switched the bar mounts forward and rotated the bars as far forward as I can. I would love them to go more, but the controls don't rotate and it gets wonky going further.

You can drill the locating pins off the controls and rotate them into any comfortable position that fits YOU instead of where Yamaha thinks they should go.  I have done this to every bike I have owned, if the switch cluster wont tighten 100% on the bar, unscrew it and put a layer of electrical tape around the bar.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 5/28/2022 at 9:11 PM, Jfundo said:

And it definitely shortens up the seating area from stock, I can move quite a bit further back with the stock seat.  

With my short inseam I found Corbin to be a perfect seat for all day riding. Sit back for comfort and slide forward for stops. I could go about 30 mins on the stock seat before I had enough.

• Thumbsup 1

I bought my Corbin over the winter from another member, and I've put some time on it. I'd recommend this one being offered, if you think it'll work for your height/inseam. I'm 5-10 30" inseam and I'm keeping my Corbin- I love the improvement from stock.

• Thumbsup 1

For clarification I'm oddly proportioned, I'm all limbs.  I'm 6-2 but have a 36" inseam and a 7ft wingspan.  Really the bike in general has fit me well, and fits me well with the stock seat and the handlebars where they are.  I thought I could cope with losing a couple inches with the corbin but no luck.  But, the seat is still significantly more comfortable than stock.  I could see that if I didn't have the leg and arm issues the seat would be perfect.

• 9 months later...

Curious, are you still riding the Corbin?  Or, have you gotten another saddle already, and if so, what did you get?  How do you like it?

FWIW I've got the identical Corbin on my 21 Tracer GT.  I'm a Corbin lover from way back.  I also put on a bar riser and kept the controls where they are pegged.  I like the way I can so easily slide back against the seat's "wall" during acceleration, and then slide forward while slowing and in stop and go.  The leather lets the sliding happen so easily, and I often wonder why the oem saddles grip with such painful friction.  I believe a lot of the pain from stock saddles is the high friction fabric gripping the jeans which in turn grabs and pulls on the butt hairs.