2019 Tracer GT - what is this part please?

What is this tiny item, please?   I found it in the underseat tray - it looks as if designed to clip onto a thin frame member thereabouts, but there are quite a few such spots.   I guess it's intended to give some sort of support or modest protection to that member.   It's 2cm long x 1cm deep x 6mm thick along the slotted bottom.   I very vaguely recall having seen this info long ago and far away, and shall not sleep until I know what it is and where it goes!   TIA...

P1080321.JPG

P1080322.JPG

P1080324.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

If I remember correctly, its a rubber type bumper that the lip of the seat rests on, either the rear of the drivers seat or the front of the passenger seat.  I could be completely wrong though...🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Yep, betoney is correct. I'm guessing it is there to prevent noises from the seat while riding, but honestly, it doesn't do much of anything. I lost the version on my FJ-09 when I upgraded to the Corbin seat, and didn't notice anything had changed. I don't see it on my current Tracer, but I also changed the seat to a Corbin, so I may have removed it when installing the new seat.

Either way, you don't need it.

• Thumbsup 2

Thanks, fellers.   I have located what I think is its 'natural' place, judging by some marks in that spot but its function still seems a bit iffy.   But as suggested, possibly to minimise wear and/ or vibration in that rear of driver seat, front of pillion seat location.   I wonder how many 2019s still have it in place!

P1080326.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.