Thank god I bought this

I recently brought my fj-09 in for warranty service and was given a loaner for the day. They gave me a cruiser . A kawasaki Vulcan with cobra pipes. It made me cry tears of joy as I rode it. Joyful that I had decided not to buy one. I hate cruisers, but didn't know it yet . My back was sore. I looked like a douche. And damn it was obnoxiously loud. It solidified the fact that I bought the right bike for me. Even my salesman said. " if you don't love your fj now. You will after riding this!"

I recently brought my fj-09 in for warranty service and was given a loaner for the day. They gave me a cruiser . A kawasaki Vulcan with cobra pipes. It made me cry tears of joy as I rode it. Joyful that I had decided not to buy one. I hate cruisers, but didn't know it yet . My back was sore. I looked like a douche. And damn it was obnoxiously loud. It solidified the fact that I bought the right bike for me. Even my salesman said. " if you don't love your fj now. You will after riding this!"

I also had mine in for the first service and had a loaner. A Honda CTX700. What a wet noodle that is.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
Dealerships don't give out great loner bikes. Give someone a hot bike and they will go and wreck it. Give them a POS and it will come back. 

Kurt 
I've had some crap bikes as loaners - a GPZ500S held together with parcel tape being the worst. Some mediocre bikes like a Tmax, DL650 Vstrom. R1200C, F650GS & CB500S 
I've had some great bikes too. A GSXR1100 was the scariest as I was a relative newbie at the time. A brand new FZR1000 Thunderace and more recently a brand new Gen 4 FJR1300 have been the better bikes. The one that surprised me the most, with being fun to ride was a new Triumph 900 Thunderbird in the mid 1990s. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

i guess none of you have ever ridden a strreet glide or a road glide ..i own sports and cruisers ...harleys are great bikes and great dealer network. i will find out just how good yamaha is when i start riding and bringing my fj09 for service .

Guest bmidd
i guess none of you have ever ridden a strreet glide or a road glide ..i own sports and cruisers ...heavypieceofshets are great bikes and great dealer network. i will find out just how good yamaha is when i start riding and bringing my fj09 for service .
It's a Yamaha, you won't ever get to know your service writer or mechanics because it won't continually break down.

Guest eatpasta
LMAO I love how Hardley autocorrects to heavypieceofshet 
you're welcome. 
rolleyes1_zpsb0xy5bnd.gif

we've have a few others "renamed" for the site.  We should do one for every brand, really.  Im open to suggestions....

ear_zps2m0hjqms.gif

like for Honda Pacific Coast: Soul Crushing Boredom Machine

Guest eatpasta
ear_zps2m0hjqms.gif 
like for Honda Pacific Coast: Soul Crushing Boredom Machine

No way.  Any PC-related humor *must* include a Tupperware reference. 
How about simply "Japanese Tupperware"?
*Soulless Japanese Tupperware? 

i guess none of you have ever ridden a strreet glide or a road glide ..i own sports and cruisers ...heavypieceofshets are great bikes and great dealer network. i will find out just how good yamaha is when i start riding and bringing my fj09 for service .
Have a FLHX with 107 build,, FJ is another world..fun bike.. Good choice...Greta daily commute bike.... 

funny ,but i only go to the hd dealer for oil changes ,most of th etime i do them myself ,and after 28,000 miles all ok. and not expensive ,and they all have a coffee bar and guys sitting around to talk to ect..... never seen this in a japanes ,rice burner, dealership........and these guys never ,but never i have heard them talk down any opther bikes or makes.....unlike other owners of other makes
and ,only reason i got the fj09 is due to its low weight and the fact that i no longer care for bmw bikes nor cars due to reliability but the hd yes great bikes ...expensive but good ,not so good in curves when doing over 75 mph and also sort of heavy
this where the fj09 and the versy 1000 shine

funny ,but i only go to the hd dealer for oil changes ,most of th etime i do them myself ,and after 28,000 miles all ok. and not expensive ,and they all have a coffee bar and guys sitting around to talk to ect..... never seen this in a japanes ,rice burner, dealership........and these guys never ,but never i have heard them talk down any opther bikes or makes.....unlike other owners of other makes and ,only reason i got the fj09 is due to its low weight and the fact that i no longer care for bmw bikes nor cars due to reliability but the hd yes great bikes ...expensive but good ,not so good in curves when doing over 75 mph and also sort of heavy
this where the fj09 and the versy 1000 shine

I've experienced the exact opposite as far as HD owners bashing other bikes. HD owners around here are the most vocal about bashing other bikes. I've heard things like, "there's no motorcycles except for HD", "Why don't you get a real bike?", "Once you've ridden a HD you'll never ride anything else" should I keep going? I'm sorry, the FJ has been better in nearly every way to the 2 HD bikes I've ridden (a 2014 Ultra Limited and a 1200 Sportster not sure the year). I even like riding my 1970 CB450 better than the sportster I rode. As far as coffee bar and social aspect, I don't need to go to a motorcycle shop to find friends but I've never had trouble talking to someone at any dealers except when a HD rider realizes I don't ride a HD. If they think you ride a HD they are your long lost best friend, when they realize you don't you are a traitor and they look disgusted at you. I rented a HD and experienced this first hand. It was amazing how people changed when I told them I was renting the HD and had a Honda at home. They really turned when I told them my next bike probably wouldn't be a HD. Every one of the HD guys in 2 different states were this way except for my closest friends. I'm not opposed to riding a HD or owning one if I find one I like. They sound great and have a lot of good aspects to them. The fact there is a dealer in nearly every town, sometimes 2 or 3 is great. The fact they are open on Sunday and prioritize people that are traveling is great too. But as far as rider groups, I've found it to be the polar opposite to what you have described.

I have to agree with a lot of what root said. I owned a Buell and was treated like and looked at like some kind of freak poser whenever I rolled into the dealer for anything. I have such a sour taste in my mouth because of how I was treated at the dealer I bought the bike from. You can keep your harleys

Archived