Greetings from the Pacific Northwest ( Portland)

Brentinpdx

Hello,

On my 3rd motorcycle since starting to ride in my late 40's.  2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2001 Yamaha FZ1 , and now a 2015 FJ09. Currently 62 yrs

Still have the FZ1, doesn't currently run. I bought the FJ09 to begin lots of touring.  The FZ1 is fine, but the aging carbs , availability of parts and reliability of the bike is waning.
Purchased this 2015 FJ09 with 3700 miles , Shad cases , top case, and touring windscreen for $8900.  I put the stock screen back on.  Replaced the 7 year old hard as bricks oem  Dunlops. Did the 4000K service plus brake fluid change.

I have replaced the oil drain plug with the VW one. Sawed off the little protection flange. I am adding a skid plate from T-rex racing. I will probably do a ECU re -flash from Ivan's.

• Thumbsup 6

• Supporting Member

Welcome Brent, I'm located a few hours north of you in Olympia and also have a 2015 model that I bought new at the end of 2016. 

I use mine for a mix of sporty weekend riding as well as summer road trips, currently at 73k miles and still going strong.

There is plenty of collective knowledge here and we can answer just about any questions you might have on these bikes.  For any owner of the first generation FJ09, I HIGHLY recommend an ECU flash and upgraded suspension, both improve the bike immensely and make it so much more enjoyable to ride.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***