2022 Tracer 9 lowering recommendation

Others will dissuade you from lowering your bike and that’s fine, as for me I’ve lowered both my FZ1s, my FJR13, and now my Tracer 9. Do both the front & rear, get the adjustable kickstand and be more confident on your bike. In my experience your cornering & bottom clearance (carefully slow over speed bumps) is reduced; FZ1s were fine, FJR scraped some parts and now the center stand foot on my Tracer. Trimming the rubber stopper fixed that. Or slow down🤣!

E7B326AD-2B02-4E4E-8514-8D0BF4DC2A3C.jpeg

• Supporting Member
On 3/7/2023 at 12:06 PM, emirk said:

İs There any other way 😕

You can ride it like a dirtbike (where its impossible to put both feet on the ground due to the tall seat height) and slide your butt off to one side when you stop.  One foot on the peg and the other on the ground, switch sides depending on which direction you are turning.

After riding off-road for almost 50 years, its just habit that I never put both feet on the ground at the same time when stopped even though its completely possible with a 34" inseam. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

15 hours ago, Smokamoto said:

Thick-soled boots?

Cheapest way to do that is "logger boots" (like Chippewa with 2" heels).

I experimented with that by getting near mint condition ones in my size from Ebay, they were a bit loose so put some height increasing inserts in (cheap on Amazon). It is like walking on stilts compared to barefoot.

• Thumbsup 1
1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

• 1 month later...