Favourite handguards?

14 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Tell me about your chosen handguards if not standard. Am looking at Puig. Am thinking a bit more protection from wet and cold maybe. 

I have no issue with the standard handguards - the styling suits the bike, but when I thought that the protection was a tad lacking I went with Givi EH2139 Handguard Extensions and could not be more pleased. They look work great and don't spoil the aesthetics at all, IMO.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• Supporting Member

The KTM guards work well... but I switched to Barkbusters Storm single-point mount (bar end) last year. Better weather protection and way easier to fit on the bike. Barkbusters sells two or three different plastic guard types/sizes that fit the spine. For early spring and late fall... I fit OBR ADV mitts over the guards.

20221021_192622.thumb.jpg.b2722c2d2a9544f830d9fdca12a90ac0.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 hour ago, piotrek said:

The KTM guards work well... but I switched to Barkbusters Storm single-point mount (bar end) last year. Better weather protection and way easier to fit on the bike. Barkbusters sells two or three different plastic guard types/sizes that fit the spine. For early spring and late fall... I fit OBR ADV mitts over the guards.

20221021_192622.thumb.jpg.b2722c2d2a9544f830d9fdca12a90ac0.jpg

Do they shake much on the move, being single point mounted?

4 hours ago, Grumpy Goat said:

I have no issue with the standard handguards - the styling suits the bike, but when I thought that the protection was a tad lacking I went with Givi EH2139 Handguard Extensions and could not be more pleased. They look work great and don't spoil the aesthetics at all, IMO.

These look great, good video to GG thanks 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Do they shake much on the move, being single point mounted?

Rock solid... it's a 10mm (3/8") thick aluminum spine. I use an adapter/reducer that screws into the bar in place of the OE bar end.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thanks 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif