Wow, new Sedici Kevlar Modular Helmet for $229.99

Cruizin

I just ordered one of these Sedici Kevlar/Fiberglass Modular Helmet for $229.00

It's a Kevlar/Fiberglass blend which is usually not found for $229, especially in a Modular model.

My buddy just got his and the local store didn't have any in stock yet because it is new. Best looking Modular Helmet that I have seen and I tried his on and it fit me perfect. I'm usually a size large and his was a large, perfect fit. Front open up easy and it is way comfortable. Cycle Gear is really stepping up the Sedici game big time.

Good to hear it fit well which is the most important function. I agree their Sedici line is improving. Been using their Freeze Out line for cool/cold weather riding & am very pleased. When it's on sale you'd be hard pressed to beat the price.

• 4 weeks later...
Sedici certainly is turning into a large player when looking for new gear for myself. Everything they make comes with a lifetime warranty and they are very giving with this as well. Customer satisfaction has been no issues with the different items I have purchased with this brand. Interested to see this helmet, Thanks for the heads up! :D

• Premium Member
I'm happy to patronize Cycle Gear because of their usually good customer service and excellent return policy. However, I am very hesitant to purchase any protective clothing from Cycle Gear brands. I had 2 pairs of gloves separate at the seams after just a few rides each (2nd pair replaced the 1st pair) and the liner of a pair of waterproof gloves completely detach from the outer shell. I question their sewing and worry what would happen in a wreck. This was all before the Bilt brand existed, but I have heard similar stories when the Bilt brand was new.

While I realize that helmets will have a different manufacturer and I like the stores, I don't trust the brands. I'm smart enough to realize that some of the A* clothing that I do prefer is manufactured in the same factories, but, based on personal experience, I'm guessing A* and other brands have their own QA inspectors.

I'm happy to patronize Cycle Gear because of their usually good customer service and excellent return policy. However, I am very hesitant to purchase any protective clothing from Cycle Gear brands. I had 2 pairs of gloves separate at the seams after just a few rides each (2nd pair replaced the 1st pair) and the liner of a pair of waterproof gloves completely detach from the outer shell. I question their sewing and worry what would happen in a wreck. This was all before the Bilt brand existed, but I have heard similar stories when the Bilt brand was new. 
While I realize that helmets will have a different manufacturer and I like the stores, I don't trust the brands. I'm smart enough to realize that some of the A* clothing that I do prefer is manufactured in the same factories, but, based on personal experience, I'm guessing A* and other brands have their own QA inspectors.
Yes I agree with the build quality of the Bilt Brand and lineup, however the "other brand" (which im pretty sure is the same brand just the high end level of products) Sedici I have had no issues with. The first pair of motorcycle gloves I ever bought were sedici gloves and I still use them today. I have never warn another pair more comfortable then the pair I have from them. I have no personal experience with their helmets but I agree moreroad that bilt certainly does not have the build quality, however I have had no issues with sedici products. But I am also still a fairly new rider since ive only been on a bike for 2-3 years. (rofl) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I have this helmet, well built, fits well, lighter than most modular helmets. A big plus for me is that it will fit in a Givi V35 side bag even in the extra large size. I could not do this with my built helmet.

Archived