Passenger Pegs - compatability?

I ride in full race boots (SMX Plus V2 Vented, it's a mouthful) and plan on getting a new set for colder months or rain, probably the SMX 6 Goretex or Toucans.

With the stock passenger pegs on the 2019 Tracer, my heels touch them when I have the ball of my foot on MY peg, pushing my toes forward and into a less than ideal spot. Could I buy a set from an FJ/MT/XSR to swap over? The only passenger I anticipate on having is under 5'6", so even pegs that are an inch higher or farther back would suffice. I could also fabricate some out of steel round stock or tubing if needed - I do know how to weld.

The trick is to get the brackets from the previous model FJ09 and use them, however they are NLA and no one has dipped their hands into recreating a set. There was a post about someone going to make them but like all things like that on the internet, fizzles into nothing.

• Supporting Member

On the original FJ09, the Left side bracket (43) as pictured is 2PP-2741L-00-00, the right side is 2PP-2742L-00-00

Partzilla has both in stock ready to ship.

image.png.5d591c0a585caf1d0695ad84a11a5f37.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, ItsTracerTime said:

I guess $80ish a piece is pretty good, that may end up being my route in the near future

Have you looked at any of the bike salvage sellers on Ebay?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

14 hours ago, ItsTracerTime said:

I ride in full race boots (SMX Plus V2 Vented, it's a mouthful) and plan on getting a new set for colder months or rain, probably the SMX 6 Goretex or Toucans.

With the stock passenger pegs on the 2019 Tracer, my heels touch them when I have the ball of my foot on MY peg, pushing my toes forward and into a less than ideal spot. Could I buy a set from an FJ/MT/XSR to swap over? The only passenger I anticipate on having is under 5'6", so even pegs that are an inch higher or farther back would suffice. I could also fabricate some out of steel round stock or tubing if needed - I do know how to weld.

Please keep us updated and what you do and what you find. I’ve been kicking around this very thing, my passenger is 5’5” and struggles to get onto the bike with the top box on it because the pegs are so low and far forward she can’t kick her leg over the seat and I thought about an XSR set as a possible solution but haven’t pursued it yet. 

I’d be interested in your findings. 

• Supporting Member

@ItsTracerTime - Is your Tracer a GT model with the factory bags?  If memory serves, the lower saddlebag mounts are integrated into the passenger peg brackets on the Tracer GT… can somebody validate that one way or the other? 

The FJ had a whole different set of supplemental mounts and brackets to install the optional bags, so you would need to plan accordingly (if you use the bags).    

For what it’s worth, the back of my boot heels rest squarely against the passenger peg mounts on my 2015 FJ.  Size 11 Alpine Star race boots, and my default foot position is with the balls of my feet square on the riders pegs.   Foot room is tight on these bikes. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

That's why I went with adjustable pilot footpegs and lowered them. About 3/4 of an inch and moved them forward about half an inch or more.

Also puts the weight over the front of my custom Sargent saddle where I ride most of the time and increases leg room which makes it easier for my hips.

I find  not being  being to move back very far on the saddle, as I bump into the Pillion pad.  And I have absolutely no butt!

And having bars that have more sweep and rise didn't change anything in terms of how tight the seating is.

18 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

That's why I went with adjustable pilot footpegs and lowered them. About 3/4 of an inch and moved them forward about half an inch or more.

For me at least I’m already dragging pegs and the center stand on this bike as it sits, I can’t imagine dropping the pegs even lower and farther forward.

Reminds me of when I did my first track day at Road America on my old CBR929RR in like ‘03 or ‘04 and kept dragging my footpeg around the Carousel because I didn’t know proper body positioning yet. By the 4th session I literally had just over a half a peg left……..

23 hours ago, texscottyd said:

@ItsTracerTime - Is your Tracer a GT model with the factory bags?  If memory serves, the lower saddlebag mounts are integrated into the passenger peg brackets on the Tracer GT… can somebody validate that one way or the other? 

The FJ had a whole different set of supplemental mounts and brackets to install the optional bags, so you would need to plan accordingly (if you use the bags).    

Yeah the foot rest brackets are still available but the add on tabs for the bags are NLA. That's what it was.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, miweber929 said:

For me at least I’m already dragging pegs and the center stand on this bike as it sits, I can’t imagine dropping the pegs even lower and farther forward.

Reminds me of when I did my first track day at Road America on my old CBR929RR in like ‘03 or ‘04 and kept dragging my footpeg around the Carousel because I didn’t know proper body positioning yet. By the 4th session I literally had just over a half a peg left……..

I'm too old to be dragon pegs, Well at least with the lowered pegs I'll feel good that I got over that far.

I remember dragon pegs and expansion chambers around Ontario in CA. And any number of other Nocal and Socal haunts in my youth.

So backup 20 years from 92 and think about what we rode.

Frames and suspension were basically attached to little twin cylinder 2 stroke rockets.

Tires were like comparative hockey pucks that'd kill if one hit you.

Gear was skin tight black leathers doubled at the knees and elbows and whatever Bates had on sale. I like japanese gloves they were the best then.

The bell star was a piece of s*** comparatively again

I wore glasses which made it even worse

Between not lifting both wheels off the deck with the expansion chambers. You had to keep you're left fingers on the clutch and listen for knocking which means it was gonna seize up.  But somebody on the side can't hear it necessarily so you go by the pits And they wave you on.

That's why I like a h r m a racing. As I limp by and see the old bikes but more smell them, it brings back a lot of memories.