• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MRA Touring Windscreen on Tracer - Insufficient Clearance

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I just had to rotate my bar ever so slightly back as was "barely" making contact with my hand guards at full lock, no more clearance issue.......of course I have the sport screen.

I think this could be the solution, anything could affect the screen clearance, bars rotated forward a bit, bar risers in the forward position, aftermarket up and back bar risers, aftermarket hand guards or hand guard position. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Runnijg everything stock.  I could rotate the bars back but I'd have to adjust everything on the bars back into position plus find suitable hardware bolts for the handlebar.  The Yamaha dealer can likely get me the proper grade of hardware.  

Loosen the handlebars, rotate them to where they will clear, tighten the handlebars back up.

No need to get new bolts, IMO.

Then go ride!

• Thumbsup 2

2020 Tracer 900GT /1978 Suzuki GS750E /1978 Suzuki GS1000 /1982 Suzuki GS1100E /1999 Honda GL1500SE

3 hours ago, Jayzonk said:

Re: the screen.  You're not using it anymore? And you cut it down from the normal height?

Yes, and yes.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• 1 month later...

Many aftermarket parts require a bit of tweaking to fit and/or function correctly. Lots of reasons for that, some out of control of the manufacturer.

In your shoes I'd either rotate the bars back a skosh, dremel the edge, or just live with the very light contact at full lock. Probably the latter.

If you do loosen the handlebar bolts there's absolutely no need to replace them. 

13 hours ago, Jayzonk said:

So far, i've been living with it.  Some of you are likely really good mechanics but i dont feel comfortable loosening my handlebar bolts and retightening, even if i had the proper torque specs.  

Do you adjust/lube your chain or change your oil/filter? If the answer is yes......then you can loosen/tighten handlebar bolts and tighten back to spec. ;)