Hello from MN!

DT675

I've been lurking about this forum for some time now.  I thought it was time to join- cheers!

Last winter I picked up a 2017 FJ09 with 8500 miles and all farkled out.  I started it before buying but given it was in the middle of a Minnesota winter, I was not able to test ride. I had never ridden an FJ before and this was the 1st bike I've ever purchased without a test ride!  So big risk to me but it paid off!  I've been really happy with it.  I find it great to ride on short runs and longer rides as well.  I let go of a 2013 Triumph Street Triple which I dearly loved for this bike, but I just wanted something that better suited some longer distance comfort.  This is the bike!

• Thumbsup 5

Welcome!

Where abouts in MN are you? I'm in Hermantown, just outside of Duluth.

Like your aviator photo. I spend as much time as I can on or around the water in the summers.

Had a nice ride up the North Shore of the big lake they call gitche gumee, and then over to Ely over this past weekend.

Cheers🍻

Lake Superior.jpg

8 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Welcome!

Where abouts in MN are you? I'm in Hermantown, just outside of Duluth.

Like your aviator photo. I spend as much time as I can on or around the water in the summers.

Had a nice ride up the North Shore of the big lake they call gitche gumee, and then over to Ely over this past weekend.

Cheers🍻

Lake Superior.jpg

Thanks!  That pic was out in the Copper Harbor area this spring.(not on the FJ)  A buddy and I spent a few days out there. And yours is very "Minnesotan" as well! 

I'm not sure where this "Hermantown" is, as I live waaay out near the Wrenshall area.  🤣

Yeah I love riding up the north and south shores. Just a couple weeks ago I felt the need to sit at the waters edge myself, so I tossed in a collapsible chair, bottle of water, a snack and went to Port Wing. Nothing else, just ride to Port Wing, had a snack by  the waters edge and back home. It was a nice ride. (On the FJ)

I was going to post a pic of that but this furum limits me to 1000kb??  I don't think I can get any pics to that... 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 7:31 PM, DT675 said:

I was going to post a pic of that but this furum limits me to 1000kb??  I don't think I can get any pics to that... 

I get the why they do it but I’m bummed about that as well. I have plenty of good pics but no place hosting them to link. Oh well!!!

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, miweber929 said:

I get the why they do it but I’m bummed about that as well. I have plenty of good pics but no place hosting them to link. Oh well!!!

You could always resize your photos.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

10 hours ago, betoney said:

You could always resize your photos.

Very true. However in something like 20 years of various forums usage I haven’t seen one that didn’t have a way to resize pics through the forum itself in like 15 of them. 

Not a huge thing, but a thing to know and get used to. 

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, miweber929 said:

Very true. However in something like 20 years of various forums usage I haven’t seen one that didn’t have a way to resize pics through the forum itself in like 15 of them. 

Not a huge thing, but a thing to know and get used to. 

I contribute to a few other forums, some of which make you upload photos to a hosting account and then link the photos to your post, at  least here you can just copy and paste into your post. Way too simple. 
I usually take photos on my phone but post here from my PC, so I just email myself the photos where you can select the size before sending and then just paste them into my post. 
I’m sure there simpler methods but that has worked for me for many years posting here. 

• Thumbsup 1

Yes I could email myself the photos to re-size them.  I'll do just that when the next need arises.  I just thought the forum should be able to handle larger sizes than it does.  No biggie.

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, DT675 said:

I just thought the forum should be able to handle larger sizes than it does.  No biggie.

It does, if you are a supporting member you get unlimited photo uploads, there is no volume or file size restrictions when posting.

• Thumbsup 1

Congratulations. Ride safe and enjoy it. Seems like sometimes it’s worth to take a risk…btw my first one was also 2017 fully loaded. Than was 2015, 2019 Tracer 900 and for last 6 weeks Tracer 900GT. Already 6000km on my own on it. Great bikes.

• Thumbsup 1