Hoping to be on Tracer soon

Nickk

Hi All,

Newb to the forum, I've been tossing the idea around of getting a Tracer recently and it's become a full obsession and I'm ready to pull the trigger. Decent deals can be had on the previous gen(2022) model and it's sounding good. I have a long history with bikes and did some club racing on an FZR400 back in the day.  Stoked to ride something comfortable with some power, handling, and tech.

Nick

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Ohhhh, you're going to LOVE it.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I did it. Got it today. I'm going to need to do something about the seat and the front brakes. Maybe the brakes need some bed in time. Tried to post a pic but it's too big

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

Several rides and a commute into ownership and here's some impressions:

• Great engine, it really spins up fast and I need to get used to that coming off an old heavy twin
  • It's so nice to sit high and see traffic when I have to be in it.
  • Excellent handling, it really feels planted in turns and begs to roll the throttle on.
  • Panniers are a weird shape and won't even fit my 14" laptop(that sucks beyond words)
  • the seat needs something, both settings have you too tilted forward.
  • The quick shifter is a thing of beauty and has ruined me for all other motorcycle experiences. It's the most convenient coming to a stop where I can just keep off the gas and just tap down on the shifter.
  • I still need to figure out drive modes and the manual mode
  • so happy to be off of the Harley on and on the Tracer9
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nickk said:
  • Panniers are a weird shape and won't even fit my 14" laptop(that sucks beyond words)
  • the seat needs something, both settings have you too tilted forward.

Agree on the side cases!! Best to put a top case of your choice so you can fit the laptop and more. Luckily was able to find a rack that can fit my C14 case and switch between the two. 

As for the seat, either try the seat slope mod as noted from others in this thread...

...get a better or custom seat!! I tried the seat slope mod and still didn't help, but after getting my seat custom fit I'm just a happy seated T9GT rider no matter the mileage or time!