Speedometer accuracy

Brand new here picked up my 2015 FJ 09 this afternoon and have put a grand total of 25 miles on it. I have a question, I tried a search with my limited computer skills and didn't find the answer I was looking for. My last bike was a 2006 Suzuki Vstrom and the speedometer was off quite a bit, actual 75 MPH was 82 indicated on the speedometer. In my search I saw 50 MPH was very close to being correct, whats the error at 75. Thanks Terry.

112 at indicated 115. I know that because the limiter is set at 115 and every time I get there the gps says 112. Slightly less than 3%.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I use The Eat Sleep Ride app sometimes as I can track my rides when i remember to record.  I have a GPS recorded 95mph and I'm almost positive my guage read 98 (I have yet to break 100 indicated yet). Thats a 3% variation on mine as well.  

• 2 months later...
Guest captrob73
Does anyone know why motorcycle speedo's generally read high? I've had some motorcycles that were off by 6%, most recently was a 2007 CBR600RR that was off by 6%. The R6 & R1 I owned in the past were the same way. For comparison sake I have compared my cars & trucks speedo's to GPS and there always very close.

Archived