Miss my '10 VFR1200F. What's a good Replacement?

Jayzonk

Been missing the planted, solid feel of my 2010 VFR1200F since I sold it ib 2018.  Keeping my '20 Tracer GT as I feel it's practicality is irreplaceable, but thought an FJR would be a considerably different riding experience.  Wondering if anyone has experience with both the VFR1200F and the FJR1300 and could comment on how similar the ride and handling are between the two bikes.

Well, I don't know if that would compare to the VFR... but, I'm thinking about a test drive of a Kawi H2 SX/SXSE...

That could be the fastest and most comfortable way to lose a driver's license...

Never rode a VFR, but am a long term FJR owner. If it came down to deciding to keep my FJR vs the Tracer 9 GT, it would be a tough choice. The FJR is big, fast, and very stable, but still handles well. Another thought for a VFR replacement would be the Super Tenere, another excellent bike.

2 hours ago, Xstoff said:

Well, I don't know if that would compare to the VFR... but, I'm thinking about a test drive of a Kawi H2 SX/SXSE...

That could be the fastest and most comfortable way to lose a driver's license...

That's a very cool bike, but the riding position is quite a bit sportier than any of the other bikes mentioned.

• Thumbsup 1

Yes, I sat on one and it's VERY sporty!  

It's hard to think that the FJR isn't somewhat like the VFR, but it's probably worth a test drive.  I was surprised at the price of used ones (FJR's) in the market....they seem to hold their value well around SW Ontario at least.  I doubt the FJR has the same grunt as that Honda V-Four.  Didn't realize that it was a collector's bike in the making, but a lot of these short-run Honda's become that, I guess.  

Compared the Tracer, the FJR has about 2 inches less legroom?  

The FJR is tighter in leg room, but at 6'2", I still fit ok. As far as power is concerned, I heard that the VFR 1200 F was a beast, but the FJR is no slouch; typically about 130 HP at the rear wheel. Test ride one if you can.

• Premium Member

"Been missing the planted, solid feel of my 2010 VFR1200F since I sold it ib 2018"

Not trying to be a d**k. But. Why?

I have 2010 Honda Vfr1200f. A very cool and rare bike here in the states. People are always asking about it. Very fast, loads of torque, just a blast to ride.

On to the question. Maybe a Kawasaki Versys 1,000..... 118hp isn't replacing the 170-ish the VFR made.

Still in Kawasaki mode. H2/SX? They do have side cases for it. And it has the HP#'s 

vfr tail of the dragon.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I have a 2010 VFR 1200F DCT and owned and sold a FJR 1300.

They're completely different bikes - not even in the same ballpark.  The VFR is exciting and the FJR is boring.  You feel like you're part of the VFR and just sitting on a plank on top of a motorcycle with the FJR. 

You'd have to go after another V4 like an Aprila to get close to the VFR.  

5 hours ago, oregonian said:

I have a 2010 VFR 1200F DCT and owned and sold a FJR 1300.

They're completely different bikes - not even in the same ballpark.  The VFR is exciting and the FJR is boring.  You feel like you're part of the VFR and just sitting on a plank on top of a motorcycle with the FJR. 

You'd have to go after another V4 like an Aprila to get close to the VFR.  

Or a new V4 Ducati. ;) 

I went to a dealer to test rode  red VFR1200 with factory side cases. Loved it. Next to it was a new Versys 1000 2017 LT.

I took 2 rides on the VFR and 2 on the Kawasaki Versys 1000. 

it was a hard choice but at low speeds the Versys felt so nimble and speeds seemed close.

YMMV

you MUST test ride what ever yourself 

Just sold the Versys for  FJ09 and it’s so much lighter