Throttle lock

Has anyone installed a Vista Cruise Control on the FJ 09? I would like to know if there are any issues with this installation, particularly with heated grips. I would also like to hear of any other good cruise-control or throttle-lock options for this bike.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am using the Go Cruise with the adjuster to tighten it up if necessary. It works but is harder to use than the Vista. The Vista Cruise will not work with OEM heated grips as the grip is preinstalled on the plastic tube and there isn't a large enough space left for the VC.  Now the NEP is thinner as it is metal and may fit on the OEM heated grip assembly. I will look into it as the Go Cruise is much harder to use than the thumb activated devices and they stay locked in vs. the Go Cruise that will have to be reset all the time.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

It's not a Vista, but I zip-tyed a NEP throttle lock on. I've done the same to my 08 Truimph Sprint, and it's worked great for a couple years now. 

Oi3Z1Od.jpg

Were you able to install w/o removing the grip? 

Yes, you are able to back out the allen set screw, then it dissembles and your able to wrap it around the bar/throttle. I like the NEP brand better than Vista, simply because they are thinner (and cheaper), so you don't have clearance problems. Even though they are thinner they do seem to hold up for years and I've never worn one out yet.

Now I just got to see if they will work with my backordered OEM heated grips.

Regarding the Universal Vista Cruise:  I put one on mine, but it moved the brake lever to the left and throttle to the right and left a 2 finger operation for the brake.

Regarding the Universal Vista Cruise:  I put one on mine, but it moved the brake lever to the left and throttle to the right and left a 2 finger operation for the brake.
If you had the spacer installed it would work.

If you had the spacer installed it would work.
That may be true if the spacer was long enough to be outside the brake lever.

Archived