Bar risers

Has anyone put bar risers or pullbacks on the FJ 09. I can live with the stock setup but if I could bring the bars back and inch or so I would be happy. The height is great. Can't find anything on a search. Terry.

The throttle and clutch cables are pretty tight on the stock set-up, Particularly at full right lock. I looked pretty close at this as I would also like to move the bars up and back a bit. I think it can be done, but will require a bit of re-routing. I think you will have to work for it if you go for it. and the full disclaimer - YMMV.

If you do this please post your results.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

• 3 months later...
I copied this from another thread I wrote

Yes I installed the 2" rox risers.

The clutch cable was pulled real tight but it worked.

I ordered a 3" longer clutch cable from Motion Pro (approx $50). When you pull the cable thru I taped the new cable to the old cable. You have to loosen the radiator bolt to get the cable thru, it's really tight.

The front brake line is pulled real tight too. There's a bracket and a bolt on the lower forks. Loosen the clamp and pry the rubber protector off (its glued on) and pull some slack thru.

The wiring is pulled pretty tight too. I cut the zip tie to create some slack.

Overall it all worked out well, I like my bars up and back a little more than stock.

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/1013/raising-bars-higher-handlebars#ixzz3kGwshrtF

• 2 months later...
I copied this from another thread I wrote 

Yes I installed the 2" rox risers.

The clutch cable was pulled real tight but it worked.

I ordered a 3" longer clutch cable from Motion Pro (approx $50). When you pull the cable thru I taped the new cable to the old cable. You have to loosen the radiator bolt to get the cable thru, it's really tight.

The front brake line is pulled real tight too. There's a bracket and a bolt on the lower forks. Loosen the clamp and pry the rubber protector off (its glued on) and pull some slack thru.

The wiring is pulled pretty tight too. I cut the zip tie to create some slack.

Overall it all worked out well, I like my bars up and back a little more than stock.

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/1013/raising-bars-higher-handlebars#ixzz3kGwshrtF

• 1 year later...
I am just bringing this thread back from the dead seeing if anyone has had any experience with the 1 3/4" Rox risers. From what I gather from this thread if you get the 2" risers you have to extend one of the lines which I don't feel like doing but if I go with the latter it might not be a problem. Was just curious if anyone else could chime in here. Seems like a bunch of different risers were mentioned in this thread but I was looking mostly at the Rox.

Thanks.
2016 FJ09

Archived