What's this for?

Looking over the new bike, I am wondering about the purpose of two extensions from the top triple clamp, one in front of each fork leg, each with a threaded hole in it.  Mounting points for some existing or potential accessory?

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Looking over the new bike, I am wondering about the purpose of two extensions from the top triple clamp, one in front of each fork leg, each with a threaded hole in it.  Mounting points for some existing or potential accessory?
I had the same question on looking mine over when new... L of S

• Premium Member
Mounting points for accessories. I believe it's mentioned in the manual as that as well. I think they make a GPS mount that uses them. Not sure if there's anything else.
I believe this might have the possible of maybe being correct, or not. There, a definitive answer. blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Seems like the most likely explanation. I think in the Harley world that's called "parts-bin engineering" (sigh). I may use one of them as a mounting point for a switch for running lights.

Hey, moderator? I just posted a post, and saw my word "heavypieceofshet" changed to "heavy piece of shet"? Is this how things work here? 

Sorry man, we Moderators have a twisted sense of Humor. It got built onto the code when the site was built.

• Premium Member
Hey, moderator? I just posted a post, and saw my word "heavypieceofshet" changed to "heavy piece of shet"? Is this how things work here? 
Yes. Try K L R next like this KLR. friday_zpsy7vrreqp.gif

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Actually, to be honest, when creating the board I checkmarked the box next to "Raise IQ of the Forum" , and it automatically changes all reference of H.A.R.L.E.Y. D.A.V.I.D.S.O.N. to heavypieceofshet. Go figure.
lol8.gif 

Archived