Adjustable levers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I looked at Revzilla, and they listed CRG adjustable shorty levers that fit the FJ-09. I found the same parts at an Amazon reseller for less and ordered them. I got the black ones with the red adjustment dials.
Any chance you have those fitted and could post some pics?  

• Premium Member
I looked at Revzilla, and they listed CRG adjustable shorty levers that fit the FJ-09. I found the same parts at an Amazon reseller for less and ordered them. I got the black ones with the red adjustment dials.

Funny, out of curiosity I contacted CRG and they told me they do not make a lever that fits the FJ-09 and have no plans to make anything for it. ??? I contacted ASV, which is what I used on my FZ1, and he thought the levers for the FZ-9 would work, (I verified they're the same Yamaha stock p/n).
So I went ahead installed the ASV levers and the clutch lever barely fits with about 1\\8" gap at the hand guard bracket. I think I can increase the gap by adding a washer or two were the hand guard attaches to it's mount bracket but so far it's been good, I'll just keep an eye on it. The brake lever fits great.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
Funny, out of curiosity I contacted CRG and they told me they do not make a lever that fits the FJ-09 and have no plans to make anything for it. ??? I contacted ASV, which is what I used on my FZ1, and he thought the levers for the FZ-9 would work, (I verified they're the same Yamaha stock p/n).
So I went ahead installed the ASV levers and the clutch lever barely fits with about 1\\8" gap at the hand guard bracket. I think I can increase the gap by adding a washer or two were the hand guard attaches to it's mount bracket but so far it's been good, I'll just keep an eye on it. The brake lever fits great.

Not sure who at CRG you spoke to but they were incorrect. I just installed a set of GRG RC2 clutch and brake levers. I bought them through Revzilla (part numbers 875548 and 875739). I'll post pictures in just a minute.

• Premium Member
I'm glad the CRG levers fit. I just thought it was odd he kind of blew me off like he wasn't interested in selling me levers.

Just like some people might not like the way the ASV levers fit. I might have went with CRG's knowing they fit better but I didn't like the stock ones and was impatient. All that matters to me is they do what they're suppose to.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

My husband just got red anodized Pazzo folding shorty levers for his gray FZ09 and they are sharp. Looking at the color though I don't think the red anodized would go well with the red FJ. I believe anything that fits the FZ for levers should for the FJ but don't quote me on that.

Do the pazzo mt-09 or fz09 levers fit the fj-09?

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone looked at these?    CNC Long Adjustable Racing Brake Clutch Lever Set For Yamaha MT-09 SR FZ-09 
I wonder if they would fit the FJ-09???   Any thoughts?

Here are some others:    Short Brake Clutch Levers For YAMAHA FJ-09 2015

I gambled once and snapped a brake lever off when braking, wasn't even braking hard. They would bind up near the pivot point because they weren't machined to the same tolerance as the name brand levers were. But then YMMV. When it comes to important parts and bits, the R&D cost is worth it to me. 

I sent pics of stock fj-09 levers and the pn numbers to Pazzo. They confirmed that the fit of the fz-09 mt-09 will fit the fj. I ordered a set of titanium finish levers . Will post pics soon. My concern was with the clutch side, because the switches on the fj are larger than on the fz

• 2 weeks later...
I put my pazzo levers on today. Brake fits great. Clutch is very close to contact with switch controls which is what I was worried about. It clears. Just barely. I rotated the switch controls slightly to ensure clearance. The look very good. I don't think any aftermarket clutch with offer much more clearance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived