Hello From SoCal

mcml

Guest eatpasta
New to this forum.  Avid FJR rider with a 2004 ABS.  The FJ09 is very likey it's successor.  Hoping to learn a lot abouthe FJ09 here and then purchase one.
That makes for THREE FJR owners that are ditching their bikes for an FJ. 
:o

I should list mine quick before the market get flooded with them.....wanna buy an 09?

Recognize this view??

CIMG8020_zps43465e31.jpg

• Premium Member
Corvette2.jpg
How about this location?
I feel for the riders in other states. It was 80 degrees today in the valley. Sorry guys.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Corvette2.jpg How about this location?
I feel for the riders in other states. It was 80 degrees today in the valley. Sorry guys.

PV? 
and I think Im going to do a forum-wide change so when you type "the valley" it changes it to "Satan's butthole" - that place is ALWAYS too hot then too cold

• Premium Member
Corvette2.jpg How about this location?

PV? 
and I think Im going to do a forum-wide change so when you type "the valley" it changes it to "Satan's butthole" - that place is ALWAYS too hot then too cold

Oh man, that is harsh. The view is of PV, but the area where I parked is in Malibu. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
PV? 

Oh man, that is harsh. The view is of PV, but the area where I parked is in Malibu.
what road in Malibu is that? 
Yeah, Im not a fan of the valley.  Before my wife and I were married she used to live in conoga park in this shitty apartment with a tiny swamp cooler in the living room that essentially did nothing.  I was working nights at the time so if I ever wanted to see her I would have to ride out there early in the morning and sleep at her place.
    I would inevitably wake up at 8am in a pool of my own sweat as the thermometer raced past 110 degrees (and probably double that inside the apartment).
     Plus its just mini mall and traffic as far as the eye can see in every direction.

We lived in Koreatown for 10+ years which IMHO is much more livable and WAY better food!

New to this forum.  Avid FJR rider with a 2004 ABS.  The FJ09 is very likey it's successor.  Hoping to learn a lot abouthe FJ09 here and then purchase one.

Not quite ready to ditch my FJR, but likely to add an FJ09.   I'll wait to decide if it stays once I have a chance to ride the FJ09. Regarding the weather, yeah it's currently -6*F here in Wisconsin.  

Guest eatpasta

Not quite ready to ditch my FJR, but likely to add an FJ09.   I'll wait to decide if it stays once I have a chance to ride the FJ09. Regarding the weather, yeah it's currently -6*F here in Wisconsin.  

I LOVE the red FJR - so cool.  In a perfect world I would keep the FJR as a travel bike because it's just a mile-drinker but I have four bikes already in the garage with two cars plus a one year old.....
     So my FJR will get the axe here soon but I can see having another FJR later on. 
It's a fantastic bike and does very little wrong

I'm also an FJR owner looking to downsize. I've been pondering this for a couple years but nothing really tripped my trigger until the FJ-09 came along. I'm not one to be an early adopter so I'll be lurking to see how things go. I also need to save up some money!!

Of course, I recognize the view. . . PCH not too far up from Sycamore Canyon beach and campground.

I live in the Valley, along the north slope of the Santa Monica Mountains and I must say that it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood today...although the food is better in Koreatown (what is it about motorcycles and food?...someone posts a ride and within three or four replies someone suggests a great place to eat....not that I am complaining at all about that).

Do any of you FJR folks remember that there were very significant changes from the initial (at least in the USA) 2003 model to the 2004?  The '03's front turn signals were on stalks and there was no ABS offered in '03 to name just a couple.  I am concerned that Mamma Yamma might have something similar in store for us with the FJ-09.  Also, bugs are common with first-year vehicles.  Or, was the FZ-09 really the first year's model (we know, for example, that on the FJ they have almost fixed the throttle issues) and we're good to go?

Guest eatpasta
...someone posts a ride and within three or four replies someone suggests a great place to eat....not that I am complaining at all about that). 
Do any of you FJR folks remember that there were very significant changes from the initial (at least in the USA) 2003 model to the 2004?  The '03's front turn signals were on stalks and there was no ABS offered in '03 to name just a couple.  I am concerned that Mamma Yamma might have something similar in store for us with the FJ-09.  Also, bugs are common with first-year vehicles.  Or, was the FZ-09 really the first year's model (we know, for example, that on the FJ they have almost fixed the throttle issues) and we're good to go?
Try Genwa on Wilshire near Highland.  F$*King awesome korean spot....I work just down the street 
and yes they did a bunch of updates to the FJR over the years and thats why I ended up with an 09 Gen II bike - but even the first gen bikes had nothing really wrong with them.

also dont forget that the FJ is the essentially the same bike as the FZ but just with different fork, shock and subframe.  It's the same platform and in some of the reviews they talk about how the fueling has been updated as well as some of the suspension complaints.
     For the price, this bike is going to have relatively budget suspension anyways but people love to tinker and make things their own which just will reinforce the love of this bike for people.

So I wouln't worry about picking up a first year bike this time - I think everyone is going to be pretty happy with this one

8D

Do any of you FJR folks remember that there were very significant changes from the initial (at least in the USA) 2003 model to the 2004?  The '03's front turn signals were on stalks and there was no ABS offered in '03 to name just a couple.  I am concerned that Mamma Yamma might have something similar in store for us with the FJ-09.

They'll probably add cruise and a touring model with standard heated grips & luggage. 

Cruise control would be nice. On the FJR, Yamaha did not offer it for several years. In the FJR community there was one guy who would fly around the country doing after-market installs for people who wanted to add cruise. I never went down that road but have used a Throttlemeister since almost day one. While it works well enough to stretch out one's throttle hand on long rides, a real cruise control would be preferable.

Archived