Hello From SoCal

mcml

Guest eatpasta
Cruise control would be nice. On the FJR, Yamaha did not offer it for several years. In the FJR community there was one guy who would fly around the country doing after-market installs for people who wanted to add cruise. I never went down that road but have used a Throttlemeister since almost day one. While it works well enough to stretch out one's throttle hand on long rides, a real cruise control would be preferable.
I try to stay off of roads where cruise control becomes an issue... 
::)

cant always, but you can try, right?

Then again, there are some places, and riding friends, worth visiting that are far enough from home that it requires eating up some miles....unless one has months on end to do the journey.

I was able to throw a leg over a FJ-09 today.  Nice bike.  It was just a bit tall for me even with the seat in the low position but that is why aftermarket seat builders exist.  Starting to think about which parts to take off the FJR to sell before I sell that bike.

Guest eatpasta
Then again, there are some places, and riding friends, worth visiting that are far enough from home that it requires eating up some miles....unless one has months on end to do the journey.
I have been really lucky in the past in that I have literally left on the bike with no plan and six weeks or more to get back home.  My wife and I have done some amazing trips through all of the western states and the entire length of Baja.       This is one of the reasons that i got into entertainment in the first place - lax hours and long hiatuses.

well, now we have a one year old..... so thats all over

O_o

• Premium Member
Cruise control would be nice. On the FJR, Yamaha did not offer it for several years. In the FJR community there was one guy who would fly around the country doing after-market installs for people who wanted to add cruise. I never went down that road but have used a Throttlemeister since almost day one. While it works well enough to stretch out one's throttle hand on long rides, a real cruise control would be preferable.
I added cruise to my 07 FJR. Not hard, but took 3 days due to wanting to do things right with the wiring.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived