Glorious Day for a ride today

motochick

• Premium Member
On 2/22/2024 at 5:24 AM, Ride365 said:

No way, have a perfectly good old car to get salt on. :) I will get out hopefully a bit on Sunday, raining today and will help clean off all the muck a bit. 

So did you get out

• Premium Member
On 2/22/2024 at 11:40 AM, motochick said:

I recently moved from SF Bay Area (where I could ride year round) to here in MO to help my sister with aging parents. I noticed the white powder on the freeway, but the backroads were better.

I'm going to get a can of something to protect my new bike from corrosion (and keep it clean).

cheers,

Jen

So you and your sister are good kids nice to hear I hope my kids do the same if necessary but I can wait

However my poor wife has to help me after surgery as I did her

I moved here for love that was 43 years ago but I wasn't really the most enamored with the Bay area other than its proximity to Yosemite and Tahoe

I think it was in '73 it rained 60 some odd days straight you needed a scuba suit mask and snorkel to ride

So I got smart and moved to San Diego now that was sacrifice moving here

If you got a garden hose and somewhere to keep your bike from freezing rinse it off and then hit it with a dilution of the protectorant with a little kerosene

And girl if you haven't go get yourself some heated gear Head to toe

Maybe some of the thin new heated base layers including socks you already got heated grips get some grips

At least you're not far from the Ozarks

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

So did you get out

No we got more snow Saturday early morning and the roads were salty.....but enjoying my new fun car however. :)

Edited by Ride365
  • Thumbsup 1